Ron Haslam Premier Plus

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
My mate done this last year and said it was excellent, I was thinking of doing this 29th April...300 quid seems reasonable, they supply the full bhoona...mind I've no track experience so I reckon it would be a good day out... any comments on this lads ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ask how much time you have on track exactly and how big is the group or is it 1-2-1 tuition ? The price seems to be okay.

Haven’t done the fire blades but did the 600s about 7 years ago. It was 1 instructor to 2 pupils but I think it may be 1:1 in the 1k class.
well organised and worth it if u haven’t done any track time before. Just a shame it’s on a Honda lol

Hmmmm 30 mins on track is pretty rubbish, you need to complete this before the blades... he's going anyway so might just do it..

f67891026bfc8e795ace447b72044def.jpg

Last edited:
I done this last year, I had no track experience, however I am confident on a bike and feel I am a reasonably quick road rider. There was no 1-2-1 spaces left so it was 2-1 fortunately I went with a friend so we paired up and our speed was comparable. The fastest rider goes at the back but you both have a turn up front in the three 15 minute sessions that you get. I would imagine if you are quick and your paring is slow it would be frustrating but this won’t effect you Stuart’s on a 1-1 basis. On our second session my mate had issues with his leathers so I got a 1-1 which was great, plenty of knee down and we were overtaking all the other riders on track expect for the fireblade elite group, which was a good buzz, one negative about this is if you are running at a faster pace you can hit traffic as there are quite a few people there who are lacking confidence they have to pull over to let you past but the fireblade group are on track too so you have to pull over for them which is a pain as it can spoil your lines!

I was a little nervous at going and before the course I thought 45 minutes track time was a little low but afterwards I think for your first time 45 minutes was fine, it was really hot and I was exhausted after that time!

At the end all the riders on your course get a presentation and you get a score card to say how well you done, which is all done in a very positive way. Our course was full and there was a few guys who had track experience so I was really pleased when I got the 2nd highest score 92.5 out of a 100, there was one of he got a 100 however he had done lots of track days and been to Donington a few times before.

Since that day I bought a ZX6R for track and done 3 track days and one more training day with James Whitton

A fantastic experience and gave me the confidence to get into track days, without this course I probably would have just been still thinking about doing a track day.

Did it about 10 years ago, wasn't that impressed with amount of track time or feedback to be honest. Money was better spent on 1-1 for a full day, although more expensive it quadrupled the amount of knowledge/confidence gained due to consistent continuity.

Strange that, my daughter who had an R6 at the time, again about 10 years ago did both the CBR600 first which you had to do prior to the Blade and had excellent 2:1 experience and Leon happened to be there coincidentally as well so also assisted, OK a lucky bonus but she did attend for a second Fireblade course as a result of the first being efficient and positive.

Jim whittham trackdays have lots of coaching.

Imo you just need to go on track with someone competent, follow their lines and you'll be fine.

- Alex

Cheers for the above guys..... We're really limited up here track wise.... I've no real compulsion on doing the track thing, but kind of want to and feel its something I really should get into....the trade off as usual are our roads, it's just sooo easy to open my garage door and get right on it... but think I'll jump down...

Hi Stu, my suggestion is do it, Doningtons a brilliant track, worst case is that you’ll feel a bit short changed from a couple of hundred quid, best case it floats your boat and you can choose where you go from there

I think MacRR has hit the nail on the head there....nothing to lose. Its a controlled environment and the instructors are pretty sound.

Hi Stu, my suggestion is do it, Doningtons a brilliant track, worst case is that you’ll feel a bit short changed from a couple of hundred quid, best case it floats your boat and you can choose where you go from there
Totally agree Mac....Big Malky is buzzing about it, he's only been riding a couple of years and said his riding moved up a good few notches...hence this whole thing has came about..few hundred quid I can live with...I just done in 143 quid on my Waitrose online shop ! ... puts it into perspective lol...

I appreciate I'm out on my own here compared to any review I've ever read, but I thought it was a huge waste of money on the 2 to 1 thing, and luckily I got 20% off too!
To me it was really badly organised, although there were only 40ish bikes on track they kept everyone bunched up to slow everyone down, and the bikes were certainly restricted as even in the wet I couldn't get the rear out of shape on full throttle.

I was sat in the pits ready to go and managed to remove 2 bolts from the top yoke that were completely loose, certainly didn't fill me with confidence.

It should not be marketed any where near a race school as that's misleading, it's a track experience and nothing more. The shitty presentation at the end trying to flog me sports touring dunlop tyres and giving out fictitious scores was really condescending.

Totally agree Mac....Big Malky is buzzing about it, he's only been riding a couple of years and said his riding moved up a good few notches...hence this whole thing has came about..few hundred quid I can live with...I just done in 143 quid on my Waitrose online shop ! ... puts it into perspective lol...

Lol, just burned 600 notes on vet bill for our kitten after it got bitten by some other bloody cat, Asda insured now FFS :)

600 quid... Jesus wept.. it must have took a chunk out the wee thing, what did you get for that, did the guy stitch on a new side or something !...

Back