Crash Bungs - Advice please

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Out of the blue I got a call from the dealer, and picked up my M-Sport today.... crap weather, new tyres, but still super excited.
Anyway I want to add some crash / drop protection. On my previous 2 RRs I had R&G aero bungs, but wanted to hear what you crazy people have installed and if your happy with your choice

Thanks!

If not on track, Gilles looks interesting with progressive impact inlays. Otherwise GB racing.

GB Racing [emoji106]
de2471ff9a14bb709c72c828b9229cdc.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks bbb... From the R&G site it looks like the ones without brackets may not be symetrical (which will set my OCD off no end). Any have any on their bike?

@mibridger - the GB Racing site states "Fairing requires modification" which puts me off. But it doesn't look like that from your photo. Did you have to drill / cut your faring to fit them?

The Gilles are the same length and bolt directly into the engine mount.
I believe the mounts on the bike are different on each side of the bike though.

Have to admit although worth while having I’m kinda put off by different sightings for each side... ruins the lines of the bodywork head on....

The only symetrical ones I can find are from R&G.
CP0467%20with%20logo.jpg

I don't like the extra scaffolding, but bungs have saved me $$$ from silly drops in the garage so have ordered a set

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the ones that go across 2 different mount points are sensible, you're spreading the loads out and less likely to incur damage which makes it hard to replace them.

I?m just about to fit R&G Aero ones to my Gen 3, albeit I?m investing in some better tools first. My little T50 torx key isn?t cutting it to get the near side engine mount bolt out. Plus I need a new socket set and torque wrench...

Back