after market rear sets that dont cost silly money

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody hell! The Gilles rearsets are out of stock wherever I?ve looked.
The folk that were panic buying Andrex haven?t moved on to these, have they? :welcoming:

Love Gilles products. Great design and build quality. Never found an issue with spares.

what makes me chuckle is buying a £20K bike then saving a few quid on cheap parts.

If those cheap parts are adequate to do the job they're made for then more cheap parts can be bought to do a particular job. IMO , all accessory parts are well overpriced for what they are.... As stated above, if money no object then a bling bike it is lol.

Its a balance.
Some brands like Alpha really do charge a lot for their items. You're paying for their R&D and brand. And you know it will fit and function. So in some circumstances you can justify the extra. But often its just too much of a premium.

Gilles/Akra are tied into BMW too so again you know the parts will fit and function. But do you really need to spend that much on a bobbin to lift the rear wheel when the components are about ?5 in reality.

Some companies sell for a minimal markup, they get labelled as cheap but maybe they are just being more honest about the costs...without sacrificing the quality.

Whilst one manufacturer may add a bling finish another may spend the money on higher quality bearings etc to keep the cost down.

Personally I've always tried to go middle of the road find the quality materials without the markup. Except where I've found premium parts on offer (inc 2nd hand).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After having four sets of Giamoto rear sets I have some bad news.

There is no current interest from Giamoto to support making the 2020 model onwards rear sets
Mate inded bad news, I have had Giamoto Rearsetts on my last 2 RSV4's, the quality is exceptional ( and im a picky fucker) guuted mt new S1000RR cant have these

Back