after market rear sets that dont cost silly money

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think cost is all relative to budget. If you buy the bike and shoe horned it into yr budget then it doesn't leave a lot for anything else. If it's a track day tool then the budget needs to be extended but not necessarily with top price items because it may go down the track. If it's for racing then costs explode and you can't afford top priced items because it WILL go down the track at some point. If it's just bling and you want to show it off then that's different.
There were always discussions in the racing paddock regarding cheap Chinese items and personnel in the manufacturing business were using certain equipment because they were happy with the material during manufacture. 1st 2 years I used levers and rearsets with no problems.
Maybe because I'm an old git but I just cannot see where the extortionate prices map out these days.
Rant over lol

tbh the gilles option is as well made as other options for that level of ??? imo - but the ting that really p*ssed me off is the lack of adjustment, can't get them low enough to suit my own preference - and, they wont allow a 'proper' 90 degree angle off the shift lever and input shaft when you change to the config from road to race shift. spent a lot of dosh getting my local motorrad dealer to supply and fit pukka gilles rearsets to my hp4 + changing over to raceshift - there must be a better option out there?

PP Tuning are cheaper surely?
I have a spare set for my Gen3. Seem well made. I got them for ?220 ex-display

- Alex

Pp tuning are ?350 so a bit cheaper than gilles. They seem good up to now, plenty of adjustment.

Calsport will probably be the best place for Gilles spares

I think the Gilles rearsets look stunning. I'm interested in getting some, but don't want to go much / if any higher than the stock, as I'm using the bike just for the road.
At the lowest level, are they about the same as stock?

Can anyone recommend a good place to get them from?

I think the Gilles rearsets look stunning. I'm interested in getting some, but don't want to go much / if any higher than the stock, as I'm using the bike just for the road.
At the lowest level, are they about the same as stock?

Can anyone recommend a good place to get them from?

I?ve got the Gilles - as far as I?m aware they?re the same as stock when set the lowest position. I fitted mine at 50 miles in and have raised them to the highest position so can?t compare them the feel of stock.

They look great and are beautifully made. Doubt you?ll be disappointed with them.

Back