HP parts changeover

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
Hi guys, it’s been a while....:culpability:
Im looking to px my 2015 RR with a 2019 R in the next week or so after I take the R for a test ride to make sure I actually want another bike or if I’ll give up altogether.
My question is would the HP levers and rearsets from my bike fit the R? I’d hate to have to buy them again if I leave them on if so!
Thanks!

no gen 3 parts to gen 4 as far as i know.

Think he means the current gen R, not the Gen 4 RR (?).
If so, yes @Loupe your rearsets and leavers will fit.

Hope you enjoy the R Loupe, how come you’ve not been enjoying your RR much lately?

Last edited:
Think he means the current gen R, not the Gen 4 RR (?).
If so, yes @Loupe your rearsets and leavers will fit.

Hope you enjoy the R Loupe, how come you’ve not been enjoying your RR much lately?

Hey Oli,
I’ve just lost interest tbh and I think I’ll try this route first to see if I will use a different bike.
I only managed two track days last year so not worth keeping it as a track only bike.
Failing that I’ll sell up, buy a caravan and some orthopaedic shoes

I didn’t even wash it when I put it away, that tells me something.

726a91a9a48d51f8119b22bc18487818.jpg

Hi Paul, it really has been a while, glad you’re ok. If you are not into biking at the moment, its ok to give it a break and maybe come back to it in the future? The R is great fun, I would look at getting one if space allowed, absolute hoot to ride. I know thats not helping lol, but I think you are right to try one before deciding to take a break. Hope it goes well.

Try an MT 10 Paul... I've had a couple of blasts on one and it was absolutely immense... brakes are brilliant and shorter wheelbase easily has the front off the deck by a twist...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. :)
i took the mt10 out and yes it’s great fun but I know I’d miss the heated grip, cc and downshifter.
If I added these bits after then I’m into the same price for the R.
Taking the R out on Monday and I’ll make my mind up then.

I hope you keep up with a bike of some kind Paul. Good luck with the R.
Don't forget to wash those flies off the RR before you get a trade-in quote.
Cheers, Rob

I hope you keep up with a bike of some kind Paul. Good luck with the R.
Don't forget to wash those flies off the RR before you get a trade-in quote.
Cheers, Rob
Listen man ! We know you and how lazy you are and after all you are a watch salesman... you could kid on Hickman took it out for a blast and sell it with that lovely protein mask...£££££££

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi Paul good to hear from you I think 90% of the guys on here would admit at some stage feeling the same at sometime or another. Any bike you put on the roads up here is a blast you cant be fed up of that.

What’s the verdict loupe??

Welllll,
After looking at an ex demo R and emailing the dealer to confirm a price to change I thought I’d go about removing the HP parts from my bike.
Puting the bike on its side stand from the paddock stands, I walked away to hear a crunching noise as the bike fell over onto the lawnmower.
I really should have stopped there but I took the bike into the dining room and spent a few hours stripping the parts and changing over the broken tail piece section ( I’d bought a complete set of 2016 plastics/ lights etc if anyone can remember that far back!)
Happy that id removed everything I wanted to keep for the R, I went onto the dealer website to look at the R again, only to find it wasn’t there...
I phoned the next day and yes, it was sold.
The dealer is trying to find me a bike with the same spec and price, fortunately there is no rush for now.

Least ur staying on two wheels.... would u travel for the right bike??

Welllll,
After looking at an ex demo R and emailing the dealer to confirm a price to change I thought I’d go about removing the HP parts from my bike.
Puting the bike on its side stand from the paddock stands, I walked away to hear a crunching noise as the bike fell over onto the lawnmower.
I really should have stopped there but I took the bike into the dining room and spent a few hours stripping the parts and changing over the broken tail piece section ( I’d bought a complete set of 2016 plastics/ lights etc if anyone can remember that far back!)
Happy that id removed everything I wanted to keep for the R, I went onto the dealer website to look at the R again, only to find it wasn’t there...
I phoned the next day and yes, it was sold.
The dealer is trying to find me a bike with the same spec and price, fortunately there is no rush for now.

Sorry to hear your RR fell over Paul.

Am glad to hear you’re staying on two wheels, and on an S1000 at that.
Fingers crossed your dealer can source the right bike soon and that you have a great Summer ahead of you [emoji41]

Back