Question on fitting a pc5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1964

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on what to do when fitting a pc5 now I know you take the o2 sensors off but do I need to plug in some eliminater instead of the sensors and if so do I need 2 of them cheers tricky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disconnecting the O2 sensors will register as a fault in the ecu but will not affect anything else.
hi baz so fault code will be stored but no effect on running ie limp mode ? is this correct. I,m so used to doing gsxr,s and I,ve allways use to fit o2 eliminators in the wiring to stop fault codes but is this not nessasary then cheers tricky

No mine are connected. Just a pcv5 single module on the lower injectors
hi are we talking about gsxr or bmw here ,when having a custom map o2 sensors have to be removed otherwise it will give false reading on afr pc5 fitted

Last edited:
No, fault code will show on diagnostics but will have no effect on performance.

So I fitted the full leovince exh and remove o2 sensors fit the pc5 then take to have custom map done on dYno . One more thing do I block of pair valve as well [emoji106]

Last edited:
You can,but not absolutely necessary.
When fitting the full system,remove the cables from the solenoids(do not turn the solenoid rotor)and leave the solenoids connected.

You can,but not absolutely necessary.
When fitting the full system,remove the cables from the solenoids(do not turn the solenoid rotor)and leave the solenoids connected.

Hi baz yes I only removed the exh cables that I know and I done that it’s the o2 sensors I was bothered about because of taking the sensors out , Will there not be registering a fault limp mode

No,it will not have any effect.It will show up as a faulty sensor in the ecu,that's all.

Got you baz hard work I am you know getting old [emoji3]

hi are we talking about gsxr or bmw here ,when having a custom map o2 sensors have to be removed otherwise it will give false reading on afr pc5 fitted

17 s1000rr.

No pcv afr no auto tune. Just single module controlling the lower injectors.

It works. Do all your mods. Get the pcv fitted and dyno tuned. My bike has worked flawlessly since.

And I have pair reconnected after tune was done. As it worked better with after on cruising throttle.

17 s1000rr.

No pcv afr no auto tune. Just single module controlling the lower injectors.

It works. Do all your mods. Get the pcv fitted and dyno tuned. My bike has worked flawlessly since.

And I have pair reconnected after tune was done. As it worked better with after on cruising throttle.

Got ya plan is to get all this done ready for fitting the pc5 then I will get a custom map o. DYno , there a place I go to Torquetune not far from me . The wife knows none of this expense though[emoji4]

Do it that way and it saves second module and autotune.

Take abit tho. Mine needed 50-60 runs. But it was mapped at every increment of throttle.

Do it that way and it saves second module and autotune.

Take abit tho. Mine needed 50-60 runs. But it was mapped at every increment of throttle.

On my gsxr I had the pc5 and secondary fuel module results were 174bhp but night and day difference [emoji106] but on the bmw I’m hoping to get around 185 bhp +

Mines 195 hp. Possibly higher in 4th 5th. 6th it had a throttle cut to 90% for last 2500 revs. I'm told by others that's only there in 6th. But I cant confirm power

Mines 195 hp. Possibly higher in 4th 5th. 6th it had a throttle cut to 90% for last 2500 revs. I'm told by others that's only there in 6th. But I cant confirm power

Good result that , I will post my results up when I get it dyno done [emoji851]cheers tricky

Where did you buy the pc5 tricky

I decided to buy a pc5 new so it should arrive in post in a couple of days then I will fit it then it’s off too get a custom map [emoji106]

hi perkles brought from ebay £328 ,when it arrives i will fit and take to have a custom map done on dyno :tennis:

Back