TFT Screen Protector

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Anyone got one? If so, recommend any particular brand?

Obviously there’s the OEM option but just asking if anyone gone with other alternatives...

Thanks.

I cant recall how much i was quoted price but thought for a bit of clear plastic I'd def look at alternatives.....as I thought it was silly money

I cant recall how much i was quoted price but thought for a bit of clear plastic I'd def look at alternatives.....as I thought it was silly money

My thoughts exactly. It’s essentially like the tempered glass screen protectors for your phones. I think BMW charge £45 lol

I feel I need to change my signature as every post i write in i always plug membership...£12.50 or £20 for 2 years....with the discount available at dealers you would save that in one purchase.....

but yes I was quoted 60 all in (inc fitting) for that....ouchie

I feel I need to change my signature as every post i write in i always plug membership...£12.50 or £20 for 2 years....with the discount available at dealers you would save that in one purchase.....

but yes I was quoted 60 all in (inc fitting) for that....ouchie

Will PM you tomorrow on how I go about doing the membership, thanks.

I’ll go check tomorrow but I think mine came in a pack of 2 in which case I should have one spare to sell.

I have the BMW one which has the BMW Motorrad logo on, which was expensive enough even with staff discount (which isn't all that much), but was far easier to just ask the parts guy for one on my way to the coffee machine. Otherwise Speedo Angels TFT screen protectors from Nippy Normans are perfectly good - biggest 'issue' I'm aware of with the Speedo Angels protectors is that it is only a couple of quid more for a pair, but most people only need one.

Cheers guys, I've ordered the Speedo Angels one this morning, will see what's it's like and provide feedback here later after I've fitted it.

Nice one matey... thanks for supporting the forum. Currently at work but will reply to ur pm in a bit

Fitted the Speedo Angels screen protector last night, it looks fine and will do what it says on the tin! For £10, can't complain.

on another note, whats the best way to clean the TFT dash?

Fit a TFT screen protector - preferably before the TFT screen needs cleaning.

The issue with cleaning the TFT screen is that it is exceedingly difficult to do so without leaving streaks. I believe that applying a TFT screen protector to a streaky screen would resolve the issue, but I've never tried it.

Otherwise, the only thing I've come across which can clean the TFT without leaving streaks is BMW's 'Bike and Body' shower gel (suitably expensive), and a decent clean dry microfibre cloth.

A Case is not a screen protector, please quote a comparable product if you want to.

- Alex

Exactly !!
A screen protector ain't gonna do diddly squat when going through a gravel trap.
I'd never thought about it before but a mate binned his zx10 on the last corner at catalunya last year and his dash was trashed. A new dash on the SK will be expensive.

Back