GEN 4 DDC Removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So bike run up on dyno today and I can confirm that there is no limp mode activated with DDC removed, only the dash error which is no big deal fo now.

It dyno'd 5bhp higher at the top and 12bhp higher in mid range than stock Gen3
It fuelled perfectly without any fuel table changes, only mod was a full race akra system
I dont have the graph, sorry

Dyno

It fuelled perfectly without any fuel table changes, only mod was a full race akra system

Thanks. That’s really useful information. I have a full Akrapovič race system ready to fit to my Gen 4 when it arrives.

Excuse my very naive, possibly rather stupid question but, why would you need to remove the DDC , even Troy Corser rides with the bike still intact and looking at his videos he is still faster than most of the riders in the fast groups?:confused:

Gen 4 DDC Removal

Simply put DDC suspension offers you significantly less levels of adjustment compared to traditional aftermarket race suspension. Hence why most racers, and fast trackday riders, ditch it in favour of Öhlins or K-Tech suspension. It just makes bike setup so much easier, offers infinitely better feel, and most of us aren’t blessed with the same level of skill or talent as Troy Corser.

Personally, I love the fact that you dont have to get the spanners out to change it, especially if it starts to rain at the last minute. Had Bitubo on my gen 1 but kept gen 3 DDC and loving it.

Back