GEN 4 DDC Removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niven770

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the DDC from a GEN4 and if so what did you do about the dash errors.
BMW thought they could de-install SOS and DDC via a flash but it looks like they can only remove the SOS.
They have been a fantastic help and this is a learning curve for all, hopefully there is a solution out there.

Thanks

I'm about to do that next week. I guess it will throw DDC! error as Gen3, but I dont really care.

Yep, there is the Alpha / Motec option but its not yet available and its £5k plus.
I've also just heard that due to DDC errors the bike will be in limp mode, so you may want to hang off if its not just dash errors.

It's available and yes, it's 5k

Look on Alpha website....Available soon

Re limp mode - I also have asked a few people and I'll post findings.
Bike on Dyno on Saturday so will know for sure then

Look on Alpha website....Available soon

Re limp mode - I also have asked a few people and I'll post findings.
Bike on Dyno on Saturday so will know for sure then

oh, pretty sure I saw it green at some point. But you're right it's not now.

I've also just heard that due to DDC errors the bike will be in limp mode, so you may want to hang off if its not just dash errors.

Dave from HM racing said that it just throws an error light but doesnt go into limp mode, so same behavior as Gen3. They installed Bitubo on customer's bike.

Gen 4 DDC Removal

I’ve heard mixed reports regarding DDC removal on the Gen 4. Some are saying that it simply shows a fault code on the display whereas others have experienced the bike refusing to start other than in limp mode.

I can confirm that the bike starts and runs with the suspension disconnected.
I can't confirm limp mode as it has no chain and sprockets fitted.
On Saturday it will be on Dyno and I'll confirm whats what then.
Great to hear about HM bmwbadboy, dash error is not a worry atm. Bike ships out to spain for testing soon so if its only dash error we will run the KTec and if its limp mode we will have to test with DDC.
Motec/RCK Pro will be available for Feb delivery from Alpha.

I can confirm that the bike starts and runs with the suspension disconnected.
I can't confirm limp mode as it has no chain and sprockets fitted.
On Saturday it will be on Dyno and I'll confirm whats what then.
Great to hear about HM bmwbadboy, dash error is not a worry atm. Bike ships out to spain for testing soon so if its only dash error we will run the KTec and if its limp mode we will have to test with DDC.
Motec/RCK Pro will be available for Feb delivery from Alpha.
Thanks for confirming this!

The dash is cleared if you press the thumbwheel to the left, its just going to be annoying until a fix is available
And yes, you need the dash for various reasons.

Got a reply from RS2E guys:

1. DDC removing will not cause any limp mode, but error lamps and messages will appear on dash!
And yes, we can eliminate DDC for usage of mechanical suspension

Last edited:
Hi bmwbadboy,

Have you sent your ECU to RS2E already?

I'm assuming that either you have, or are going to.

I would be interested in the results, I am considering them, but was waiting until they announce their next generation of code, as when I last spoke they seemed to be in beta.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi bmwbadboy,

Have you sent your ECU to RS2E already?

I'm assuming that either you have, or are going to.

I would be interested in the results, I am considering them, but was waiting until they announce their next generation of code, as when I last spoke they seemed to be in beta.

Thanks,

Mark.

Yes I did before going to Jerez.

They have released Power Mappings which I got. They are still testing Race Mappings, but according to Robert's email today they are releasing them shortly.

Latest posts

Back