Gen 4 Mirrors - Vibrations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've noticed on my Gen 4 that the mirrors seem to vibrate quite a lot in comparison to my previous Gen 3.

Do you have any hints/tips to reduce or eliminate this issue?

Thanks.

Although sh!te weather’s kept me off it for a good couple of months I’ve managed 500 miles on my M without significant concerns about vibey mirrors, maybe I’m lucky, or just not paying sufficient attention to’em. I’ve certainly had worse.

Doubt bar ends would work since these’ll add mass to the bars when the mirrors are mounted to the fairing supports - so maybe a bit of additional support on the fairing strut could help?

The bar ends could help because the adjust the frequency of the vibrations through the bike.

But if they are just badly mounted then thats different.

- Alex

Anyone tried heavier bar ends yet?

I have a pair but haven’t got a valid turn indicator solution.
There’s Rizoma but nothing on them yet.
Would love fairing Obed but there’s seem to be none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I've noticed on my Gen 4 that the mirrors seem to vibrate quite a lot in comparison to my previous Gen 3.

Do you have any hints/tips to reduce or eliminate this issue?

Thanks.

Get it run in before deciding.

As what others have said...may settle down after run in service... if that fails....ride faster so you dont notice it as much!

Been doin some miles on mine last 2 days ( 280 miles) my mirrors are ridiculous for vibrations a car is just a blurr. Touching the mirror doesnt feel like its vibrating though

I agree, it seems like it’s the plastic casing around the mirror attached to the arms that’s vibrating.

280 miles in 2 days, that’s good going. I’ve been looking for every opportunity to ride, but it’s either raining, too cold or roads gritted, so been a no go for me :(

Last edited:
I agree, it seems like it’s the plastic casing around the mirror attached to the arms that’s vibrating.

280 miles in 2 days, that’s good going. I’ve been looking for every opportunity to ride, but it’s either raining, too cold or roads gritted, so been a no go for me :(

Did your wife tell u we installed some big brother cams in ur garage?? We caught you sitting on it making broom broom noises and hanging off......lol

Last edited:
Ive been up and down the motorway and the a50 got it booked in for first service friday . Running out of time to get it serviced and ready in time for almeria at the start of march. It's been freezing and the seat is probably the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat on

Ive been up and down the motorway and the a50 got it booked in for first service friday . Running out of time to get it serviced and ready in time for almeria at the start of march. It's been freezing and the seat is probably the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat on

Reckon the NHS is going to have a tough time treating us M owners in years to come - not for sore arse but for smoking related issues due to us having been driven back to fags so that we can get off every half hour 😂

On another mirror subject, do the mirrors fold. I'm not at home to check my bike? I got it at xmas time and have not used it yet.

Back