Forum meet 2020: suggestions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyingscotsman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Is there interest in a forum meet/tour this year. The NC500 forum tour in 2018 was great fun. It would be nice to do something similar in 2020.

Anyone got any suggestions for routes and dates?

Is there interest in a forum meet/tour this year. The NC500 forum tour in 2018 was great fun. It would be nice to do something similar in 2020.

Anyone got any suggestions for routes and dates?

May/June are very hit and miss with the weather, particularly in Scotland. July and August are school holidays.

I could do something in September if thats any good? The weather is usually pretty decent September October every year.

May/June are very hit and miss with the weather, particularly in Scotland. July and August are school holidays.

I could do something in September if thats any good? The weather is usually pretty decent September October every year.

I will be up at Oulton Park over the three days of the BSB?

Mark me down....what about Ireland ? I've never been, love to see Belfast, could do a loop.. only 2hrs on the boat..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've text a pal of mine who has a gaff in Buncranna, Donegal asking him what the roads are like..

Nice wee loop, taking in Dublin and Belfast...
ab66f242d32cda03faa46590a9942a0a.jpg

Yes, Ireland could be good. Never been on a bike. Can any of the Irish members (Northern and Southern) suggest interesting routes?

If you've never been before, the Antrim Coast Road between Larne and Portrush is a must, but best avoided at weekends when it can be very busy. At Portrush you can have a run over the NW200 course. It's then a brief hop to Derry/Londonderry for the start of the Wild Atlantic Way, which is Ireland's NC500. It's then a case of how much time you have, but Galway would be a reasonable target for a five day trip. The roads are generally good and doable on a sports bike, but watch out for wandering sheep! Good waterproofs are a must, but midge repellant is not required! You can also develop a taste for Guinness!

The Wild Atlantic Way has been on my bucket list for a long time, but you need to plan it properly and put quite a bit of time aside to do it right I believe.

I did the Antrim coast road years ago in the car, and I recall very scenic and good for bike, also remember Galway coast road was good (again in car). I'll check out the Wild Atlantic Way routes - are these online somewhere?

Back