2012 bmw downpipes valve rattle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1964

Reaction score
hi had to change the standard exhaust downpipes because of a very loud rattle from the front exhaust valve ,is there another standard exhaust of another year of bike ok to fit and which model would be a sraight change cheers tricky

is this a common problem on the beemer rattle from standard front valve ?

yes, especially on cold start up.
hi r25sti this rattle vibration was happening cold and hot ,the front exhaust valve wear was checked with a long screwdriver press on the valve all noise went so that was confirmed to be the fault.are the 2015 gen 3 downpipes better?cheers tricky

Last edited:
Had mine swapped under warranty. 18 months later same issue with replacement ones. Saving pennies for a straight through Ti pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine swapped under warranty. 18 months later same issue with replacement ones. Saving pennies for a straight through Ti pipes.

hi I put a full exhaust on leovince nice system I was told off my wife no akroapovic lol,im only asking this about standard exhaust incase I sell upgrade because I have that many bikes and I seem to leave too much good upgrades on bikes and never recupe the money back

hi I put a full exhaust on leovince nice system I was told off my wife no akroapovic lol,im only asking this about standard exhaust incase I sell upgrade because I have that many bikes and I seem to leave too much good upgrades on bikes and never recupe the money back

431ea619098acbf87a318a81978d445c.jpg

I'd swear this has started on mine after an engine swap,
Where is the valve located? Only one I can see is at the rear box

Back