HM Quickshifter Plus?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRail

Reaction score
Per the subject line, has anyone had any experience with the HM Quickshifter for the 1000RR? I’m currently looking around for options for my 2015 bike. The OEM QS is ‘ok’, after the addition of an alpha shift assist spring and upper bracket but I’d be interested to hear what others have done or experience with the HM unit.

My my experience with HM is limited to a R6 dash that wouldn’t configure properly...

Quickshifter

You may want to consider an alpha Racing / Lohmann quickshifter.

the HM and HM plus is not good on the beemer, ive had both. i now use the HM SS which is ok but personally go for something else and as said the Alpha is the top dog. :)

had both on my gen3,HM is better than o/e but i prefer the lohmann (easier to set up,less wiring),but not as easy to fine tune as the hm,not that it needs it tbh.

It's spongy and unreliable on track

this ^^^. A couple of false neutrals later and I’m looking for a better option.

I’ve been looking at the lohmann - but I note they say it should only be used with race tuned ECU and won’t work with standard? Can anyone confirm or call BS on this?

BS.works exactly same as the o/e shiifter,but a more positive movement,and a lot less travel.

you need the RCK to adjust the kill time,but spot on as it is

Had HM on my gen 1, tried numerous times to set it up to no avail. Even took it in to HM racing to set it up on their rolling road but still wasnt happy. Opinion of those in the know put that shifter down to why a lot of boxes were getting destroyed so replaced the OE which although wasn't good turned out to be better after all. Kept the OE on my gen3 which seemed to be very good in comparison, also no missed shifts, probably because I had 5 years with the gen 1 having to be firm when shifting. The gen 3 shifter is spring loaded which makes it a little vague, I think it's to be box friendly i.e. the spring is loaded with lever pressure then releases at the optimum time the cogs are in line/revs match etc. With direct shift everything has to be perfect to engage (IMO). Have to say, BMW box leaves a lot to be desired in comparison to its rivals. (not inc gen4)

BS.works exactly same as the o/e shiifter,but a more positive movement,and a lot less travel.

you need the RCK to adjust the kill time,but spot on as it is

Got it. Do you know if the Alpha/Lohmann works off spring loading or strain gauge?

alpha Racing / Lohmann Quickshifter

You can’t really go wrong with an alpha Racing quickshifter.

attachment.php

Back