Gen4: check your brake calipers. Leakage. Danger.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brembo is the parent company of Haye's. Hopefully its just some inferior piston seals and it will be an easy fix.

Brembo is the parent company of Haye's. Hopefully its just some inferior piston seals and it will be an easy fix.

Guess some Italian colleagues didn’t want to travel to USA to give knowledge transfer [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just mailed the dealer to ask them to check my brakes while they still have it. To be fair I can't complain about my bike. The issues I've had have been little niggles and I've not experienced any of the things like the neutral/clutch issues people are complaining about. My bikes in purely as a recall which doesn't bother me given that I'm at work for a month at a time anyway.
I did hammer mines on track for 3 days without any issues as well.

I've just mailed the dealer to ask them to check my brakes while they still have it. To be fair I can't complain about my bike. The issues I've had have been little niggles and I've not experienced any of the things like the neutral/clutch issues people are complaining about. My bikes in purely as a recall which doesn't bother me given that I'm at work for a month at a time anyway.

Yeah mine has been good all in all only the silly wait for radiator. This one could catch you off guard if for instance your discs are damp with fluid and in a situation your braking is different than normal then it can contribute into a situation and Risk. Yes one’s due to check the bike before every ride of course.
Having a leak is not ok at all. Even less with brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same experience so far

Scary & shocking thread. Hope they get this sorted.
Highlights need for pre-ride checks every time.
Of course no excuse for leaking brakes in new bike.

Last edited:
Just had a good look at my November built bike and both callipers are good. Having said that I have only ridden around 100 miles on it.

This isn't going to help anyone.......

I spoke very briefly to one of the sales guys in EK yesterday about the assorted issues with the Gen 4s..... I had assumed the calipers were related to the seal/piston, he kind of caught me off guard when he mentioned corrosion ! I picked up on that immediately... he was describing something or other and I mentioned do you mean the "bleed nipple ?" Trying to figure the chat out..... yes thats it he said..... at that he had to answer a phone......

Alloy v Mild Steel very possible but on brand new components hmmmmm...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Calipers

One more reason for me to put my Brembo GP4-RX calipers straight on...!

I'm still very happy with my bike at the minute but if I'm going to have to keep putting the bike in for recalls and checks, I'm sorry but I'll be visiting Yamaha before the summer.

Gen 4

With hindsight I’m quite glad that I didn’t receive one of the earlier bikes. As much as I’m looking forward to having mine delivered the whole launch and production of the new Gen 4 has been somewhat farcical.

Re: Gen 4

With hindsight I’m quite glad that I didn’t receive one of the earlier bikes. As much as I’m looking forward to having mine delivered the whole launch and production of the new Gen 4 has been somewhat farcical.

I agree with you to some extent and I've been lucky with mines as it's one of the very early ones. Nothing has failed on mines but it's still having to go for recalls or checks and it's becoming tiring.
Maybe I'll feel better when I ride it in a few weeks.

Gen 4

To be fair most owners probably haven’t experienced that many issues apart from delays. For the most part you generally only read about negative experiences on forums and social media. Typically, you never hear anything from the countless many who have never experienced any issues whatsoever.

Back