Gen4: check your brake calipers. Leakage. Danger.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owkay ... my brand new K67 with 500km on the odo also has the leaking calipers.
I ran it in last week and today we started stripping the bike when I noticed brakefluid on the rims.
And yes ... at the bottom of the right caliper there was a drop of fluid dangling and about 1/4th of the wheel had a liquid-trail in the dust.
Plan is to replace them anyway with Beringer calipers, but for such a bike this is not OK!

Clean your wheel (I assume we speak about carbon), check for damage from the brake fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did the first change of pads. A bit early, but i don't really want to explore the limits of Hayes OE pads. Right was 2.15mm, left 2.55mm.

3449c72c7938bdd73a652056338f1272.jpg
bbd97c865dec0fea5899a5348eef87d2.jpg
8694b53393f05dde93c7c55abbe9b0ee.jpg

I have the forged wheels, carbon is a bit too fragile to my taste. Weight difference is not that much to justify them.

Gave my calipers a right good clean and I’ve had a cable tie on the brake lever for 2 days now and they’re dry as a bone.

Maybe it was just some fluid from when they bled the brakes or maybe they need some heat in them before they start leaking again.

I’ll keep an eye on them after I’ve used it again

Thanks everyone for posting, just been told mine is ready for collection, so trying to check everything thats been said to ensure when l get mine next week or so that l haven't missed anything thats been said for recall or indeed leaking brake calipers, any advice what l should pay particular attention to would be appreciated, cheers guys

My main issues have been with the Spanish dealer.
Hopefully when I get it back to the UK I’ll get the same service from Easy Kilbride as I did during the purchase.

I will tell you a story about dealers.

Monners tried to order a part from Park Lane, the most posh BMW dealer in this country. It was a matter of urgency as he asked for overnight delivery and maybe pick up by Uber driver to deliver by someone who flies to Jerez on Friday. 2 employees on the phone promised it to be by 9am at Park Lane.

Well, in the end they forgot to order it.

Luckily just found required part at Boxer Jerez dealer.

Not to forget the time those jokers quoted me 2500 gbp to do ECU unlock that costs 400

Cable tie hasn’t worked with mines but then maybe mines aren’t leaking

I was thinking a cable tie on tight may provide too high a pressure so they don't leak? If they only leak with slight pressure an elastic band might be better - a small one?

I was thinking a cable tie on tight may provide too high a pressure so they don't leak? If they only leak with slight pressure an elastic band might be better - a small one?

You can put a cable tie on and hold the lever in any position with it easier than an elastic band

if fluid is leaking out,then air IS getting in as it's a sealed (supposed to be at least) system.something comes out,something has to go in to replace it,unless in a vacuum,which it wont be.

Yes the guy put a band on and they weeped.
Mine seeped twice with mo pressure applied at all. Be interesting to see if its re appeared from last day on track on Sunday, will find out tomorrow.

Mines is with the dealer at the moment. It?s one of the early bikes delivered June 2019.
They?re putting a seal kit in it

Back