i need some advice on ecu or pc5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky1964

Reaction score
hi lads whats your advice on ecu fash or power commander 5 plus dyno time . i have 2012 bmw s1000r with full leo vince exhaust. rough prices if anybody got any idea of the cost .cheers tricky

Regardless of which method you choose,dyno tune is always the preferred option because that applies purely to your bike and not just a generic map.
It also depends on how far you want to go.Just to optimise an exhaust,change traction control,change how the throttle works compared how much the ecu says you can have,removing factory nanny settings-the list is endless.You can,of course,alter everything yourself with hp ecu/rck(if you knew what you were doing!).

If you just want the basics then dyno tuned Power Commander or similar is probably favourite but,if you want more then either someone like Phil Crowe or an RS2E remap or(in my opinion,having used one in 2012)a Brentune handheld unit,albeit custom mapped via email whilst on the dyno.

I can’t comment on the RR but I changed exhaust and got a PCV and dyno tuned for my R1 and the difference was night and day. I got it done for smoothness and power delivery not to chase max power figures.

I can’t comment on the RR but I changed exhaust and got a PCV and dyno tuned for my R1 and the difference was night and day. I got it done for smoothness and power delivery not to chase max power figures.
cheers locke I will be on the look out for a pc5 then and I get a custom map done .went this route on my 2012 gsxr1000 with decent results 174bhp ,I myself not long selled my r1 big bang but never got round to doing any tuning with a house move and life

cheers locke I will be on the look out for a pc5 then and I get a custom map done .went this route on my 2012 gsxr1000 with decent results 174bhp ,I myself not long selled my r1 big bang but never got round to doing any tuning with a house move and life

I might have a PC5 for sale soon that's been mapped for a full Arrow system once I get the time to send my ECU to RS2E

cheers alex yes pc5 and custom map it will be ,went down this route on both my gsxr1000 172 and 174 bhp but hoping to get a fair bit more on this all being well

this is my new ride :tennis:

Latest posts

Back