Brake fluid volume ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Question is how much fluid in ml would you say is in the front brake system, reservoir and lines.
I've looked in the manual and can't find anything.
Bike in question is a gen4 but shouldn't think there's much between bikes with abs.

I just overhauled my Calipers and used about 350 to 400 ml to replenish mate... thats a rough guide I'd say..... why do you need to know ?....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Brake Fluid

I’ve never used any more than a 1L bottle and always had plenty leftover. I can’t imagine the Gen 4 being any different.

Thanks guys, confirming what I thought.

Right here's why I have lost faith and now don't trust with my dealer.
I supplied 2 500ml bottles of dot 5 and asked for the system to be flushed and filled. I also had other work done.
On collection the tech handed me back my bottles, one being open. I said you didn't use 2 then, his reply was no it doesn't take much. I put both bottles in the van and thought nothing of it until next morning when I notice the one that's opened had less than 100ml used.
I rang dealer and explained it couldn't of been done properly as the amount used seemed too little. He agreed and it went in the following week to be done along with the oil cooler recall.
3 hours later I get a call saying all done but they won't do the brake fluid as it been done just as the tech had told me the week before. I again reiterated how is that possible when it's not even enough used to fill a master cylinder.
I left it at that and collected bike few hours later.
With the bike was one fluid bottle. I said there should be another one. A guy went in and came out and said it was used.
Now they didn't use the one that was previously opened. I find this very odd and not sure whether someone had had a half ltr fluid and whether my brakes were done or not.
I should have gone in and spoke to tech a again myself but was short of time as I'd a ferry to catch.

End of the day they have lost a customer.

I was very amiable over the phone as well. I didn't rant and rave, raise my voice or lose my temper. Even though it wasted a whole day and cost my around £100 to go back there.

Grrrrrrr See that whole thing with leaving the bike in, getting it back with a touch out one bottle despite your request.... handing the bike back in again after you called them to discuss what they should have done...then picking it again up to be fobbed off with a comment like that !... man you must have some patience... I'd be raging at that... it's simply sloppy couldn't care less service...

Thanks I've just gone through it. luckily no leaks as yet but I won't be taking it back to where I bought it.
I have another 2 dealers similar distance so will ask for opinions on here shortly.b

That’s very poor service. I always like to do brakes myself so I know done properly. Last time I did mine it took around 400ml for a full bleed including using GS-911 on the ABS.

Pretty straightforward Godfather, that said I left mine in the dealer yesterday and have asked them to bleed my fronts with their computer as Rob suggests... I'm hoping the travel in my lever improves. They are linked.

To get it done right you're probably best of handing them the bike with all the fluid drained, giving them the job of fixing it with your chosen fluid [emoji51][emoji2359]

- Alex

Last edited:
Well something was not but still don't know what exactly. I changed the pads this morning so I could look at the leaking pistons reported on the other thread. There was quite a bit of fluid around the bleed nipple running down, think they could have cleaned that better. But all dry inside for now which is a relief. First track event in a few weeks and it would be nice to be 100% confident in them which I'm not at the moment.
Perhaps badboy could have a look inside his callipers having just done Jerez.

Back