Gen3 won’t start

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noddy

Reaction score
Hi guys just bought a gen 3 and it won’t start but it’s turning over a good rate any ideas would be great cheers lee.

I can smell fule it was running fine when fired it up yesterday what you thinking?

Got a half tank but not sure how long it’s been in as just picked bike up Saturday but with van start first turn at boys house.

Could be the hose is pinched. I'd take the tank off and check.

Its pretty easy. There's a dry break hose connector you have to pinch to release it

- Alex

Done that still no joy and bought new batter just to make sure it’s fine.

Put the stand up and down few times tried with clutch ect where is the top Over switch? Kill switch seams fine as turning over just won’t fire. Taken injectors our get fuel, if the immobilizer has killed in would it still let it turn over?

Have you any other vehicle keys on the keyring? If you have, try the bike key on its own. Have you got the second key? If you have, give it a go. Is the bike fitted with an alarm? If it is, try turning it off.

Hi snooker yep a tried the other key the day still no joy doing my nut in now it’s not got alarm fob so take it it’s not got one any other ideas? It’s firing over fast but just not catching or trying to fire.

think it does hear Something am nightshift so will have another look the mora. Think it could be bad fuel?

Hi snooker yep a tried the other key the day still no joy doing my nut in now it’s not got alarm fob so take it it’s not got one any other ideas? It’s firing over fast but just not catching or trying to fire.

There's no alarm fob with a Gen 3. Pop the rear seat/seat cover off and if it has an alarm it's in there. Is the bike showing any warning lights or messages?

Had the seat aff the day checking the fuses did not see any alarm, no there is not warning lights or messages wish there was make it bit easier lol.

OK. I had a similar issue back in 2016 when my bike was just over a year old. Bike switched on as usual, spun over like a demon, but would not fire. It was then recovered to the local dealer. They found no fault codes. They were unclear about what they did to it (I don't think they were quite sure), but I got it back two days later and it has been fine ever since.

Cheers snooker Am going disconnect the battery for a hour give it another try am not off to a good star with my first bm lol

wont be fuel i dont think,or it would at least try to fire+splutter.if it's not priming but turning over,then good chance it's a dodgey kill switch,try toggling on/off a bit,maybe a bit of wd to clean the contacts,wiggle plug etc

Hi guys thought would come back give us a we update Tuesday was mucking about with the ddc with ENGINE NOT RUNING so what am thinking is the volts have drop with lights ect on and I keeped turning it over I have flooded it as today when come back from nightshift if fired up. Cheers for all the help tho.

Back