My 1st BMW its a Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ok if they are worn I understand.
That's not a technical issue with the performance of the tyre.

Michelin's are usually very good in the wet.

- Alex

Its a fairly simple job (and cheap in comparison to a full system) to replace both inline cats for straight through pipes. This leaves the butterfly in for noise tests on track if necessary. Mine never read more than 98 static. Very little is gained by changing the down pipes from OE.
ok thats very interesting thankyou,any idea where i can get straight pipes to link to my sc project end can ?

Oh ok if they are worn I understand.
That's not a technical issue with the performance of the tyre.

Michelin's are usually very good in the wet.

- Alex

Taken that on board Alex, as I have read in the past, confidence is largely down to the six inches between the ears! I have therefore ordered a new Michelin Power 5 for the front. The rear RS is OK for the mo as it has 6mm. Apologies for thread hijack!

tried user mode today it felt very sharp but this end can is going to get on my tits....
Are the long akrapovics only supplied with full systems ? or can you get them as slip ons ?
I have seen a yoshi slip on for about 500 pounds ,anybody heard one fitted ?

I want some fruitiness but not annoying :nevreness:

O and I got a rear puncture that really hacked me off !

Last edited:
tried user mode today it felt very sharp but this end can is going to get on my tits....
Are the long akrapovics only supplied with full systems ? or can you get them as slip ons ?
I have seen a yoshi slip on for about 500 pounds ,anybody heard one fitted ?

I want some fruitiness but not annoying :nevreness:

O and I got a rear puncture that really hacked me off !

you can get a long akra for OE system as well. This S-B10SO2-HRC fits OE headers via a link pipe as I understand.

ok thats very interesting thankyou,any idea where i can get straight pipes to link to my sc project end can ?

The straight pipes just replace the length of the cats leaving the end pipe with the butterfly in so standard (cant remember size) size end pipe. Any reputable welding co should be able to do it..... Will mean removing down pipes though to enable...

tried user mode today it felt very sharp ...

... O and I got a rear puncture that really hacked me off !

User mode is customisable. By default user mode is set to mirror the slick mode.

When in user mode, if you go into the settings menu via the left hand switchgear, you’ll see an option called “setup user”. From there, you’ll see a range of options covering DDC, ABS, DTC, Engine (throttle). Within each of these categories, you’ll see options for “Rain, Sport, Race & Slick”. Essentially this means you can customise everything to your liking. Rain is softest/safest, Slick is least intrusive/stiffest.

Word of warning:
“ABS in slick” has no anti-endo/stoppie or rear ABS intervention.
“DTC in Slick” has, for all intents and purposes no wheelie control.

Sorry to hear you got a puncture, always sucks!

User mode is customisable. By default user mode is set to mirror the slick mode.

When in user mode, if you go into the settings menu via the left hand switchgear, you’ll see an option called “setup user”. From there, you’ll see a range of options covering DDC, ABS, DTC, Engine (throttle). Within each of these categories, you’ll see options for “Rain, Sport, Race & Slick”. Essentially this means you can customise everything to your liking. Rain is softest/safest, Slick is least intrusive/stiffest.

Word of warning:
“ABS in slick” has no anti-endo/stoppie or rear ABS intervention.
“DTC in Slick” has, for all intents and purposes no wheelie control.

Sorry to hear you got a puncture, always sucks!

Thank I watched a YouTube video and set it up as slick engine and DTC everything else as sport
Seemed good but the end can just annoyed me today,I'm not a fan of noisy cans tbh

If you ever ride on street you will never ever feel the difference, believe me. Been there done that.

The big difference with "slick" engine over "race" is the amount of engine braking...........even on the track I keep the engine in "race".
Me too. I’ve never felt the need to go beyond race mode on track, it’s the perfect safety net for ambition over talent!

Thank I watched a YouTube video and set it up as slick engine and DTC everything else as sport
Seemed good but the end can just annoyed me today,I'm not a fan of noisy cans tbh
Not a fan of noisy cans either...feedback IS important, you need to know where you are and what’s going to happen next with the power curve, but you won’t enjoy your bike if you suffer the constant drone on a tour, or get kicked of a trackday!

Back