My 1st BMW its a Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some really tasteful and useful extras there, nice looking bike...........but I'm biased. :beguiled:

Beautiful [emoji108][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looks very tidy! Nearly warmer weather and u will be able to get out on her!

Had a proper play on my new bike today
A few observations

The auto blipper is mega ive never used one before but its so much fun and makes a great noise
Its very comfy and I thought I would never ever say heated grips are awesome
It feels big and not as revvy as my old ZX10r ,I felt today it doesnt pick up well from low revs and that it may need tuning even though its only got a slip on
Its noiser than I expected
The tyres gave me zero confidence but I havent ridden for nearly 4 years due to illness so need more saddle time

I cant wait to ride it again :excitement:
cmn.jpgcmb.jpgcm.jpg

Do you know the history on the bike? Sometimes these bikes are flashed/tuned, then the hardware is returned to standard by the previous owner and the good bits sold separately (but not retuned to oe) so you can end up with a map thats wrong. Did it come from a main dealer, if so I would ask them to give it a full diagnostic to check (under warranty). Has it defo still got the big cat under the belly?

Which riding mode were you in? Gen 3’s had both size cats, 016 could have he bigger one, my 015 has the smaller one.

Last edited:
Which riding mode were you in? Gen 3’s had both size cats, 016 could have he bigger one, my 015 has the smaller one.
Sport
It might just be because I'm very rusty on a bike ,I expected it to scare the shit out of me tbh
its an awesome bike I love the auto blipper ,cant wait for summer and grippy tyres

What tyres has your bike got on currently? Mine has Michelin Power RS+ but changing to Metzeler Sportec M9rr's shortly.

What tyres has your bike got on currently? Mine has Michelin Power RS+ but changing to Metzeler Sportec M9rr's shortly.

Yes I have power rs but tbh its probably because I am lacking confidence at the moment
I will get it tuned but dont know where to go that's not to far away

Yes I have power rs but tbh its probably because I am lacking confidence at the moment
I will get it tuned but dont know where to go that's not to far away

That's the only reason I am changing, I have massive confidence in the dry on RS +'s but no confidence in their ability to clear water in the wet.

Its a fairly simple job (and cheap in comparison to a full system) to replace both inline cats for straight through pipes. This leaves the butterfly in for noise tests on track if necessary. Mine never read more than 98 static. Very little is gained by changing the down pipes from OE.

Back