Clutch cable cracked

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Plastic casing on clutch cable is cracked. Probably they overtightened nuts on each side.

Dealer says it's not covered under warranty. Is this true?

Plastic casing on clutch cable is cracked. Probably they overtightened nuts on each side.

Dealer says it's not covered under warranty. Is this true?
Generally, I would consider clutch cables consumables and subject to wear & tear, but not within the 5.58 days you've had your bike. I would bring it back and have them fix it under warranty.

If it's been fiddled with then I think you're best off just getting a replacement and getting on with life.

If it's been fiddled with then I think you're best off just getting a replacement and getting on with life.
It shouldn't have of course, but I didn't take bike delivery myself so anything could have happened. Already ordered Alpha racing one anyway.

i doubt it will be covered under warranty as general rule,but thens theres adifference between general wear+tear,and something thats not fit for purpose,if it's weks old and failing,it's not fit for purpose and cant see how a dealer could refuse to replace it,unless theres evidence of it being tampered with (not quiite the right word but you get my drift)

i doubt it will be covered under warranty as general rule,but thens theres adifference between general wear+tear,and something thats not fit for purpose,if it's weks old and failing,it's not fit for purpose and cant see how a dealer could refuse to replace it,unless theres evidence of it being tampered with (not quiite the right word but you get my drift)

I asked the dealer to take the fairings off and told them it will be a track bike. Not sure if they considered this as a warning sign that I will be doing crazy stuff with it.

Good to see they sorted it. Its always a little hit and miss if the dealer knows you are tracking it. You are relying on having a good relationship with them basicallly but I would expect any good dealer to sort this out.

Last edited:
Back