GS-911 Worth It?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant your mate down the road lend you his?
It's cool... bikes in dealers to get that multiplug grafted in to the loom, left a note asking them to bleed the front brake using the computer..if anything like that pops up again I'll buy one...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got mine last june for 260 euros shipped, brand new, a steal lol. It is with the obd 2 connector so had to buy a converter. Worth every cent as once i got the dreaded engine light flashing, which was a knock sensor. Also got rid of the exhaust servo fault , after installing the servo buddy.

ebay, ireland, just checked he hasn't got anymore and the adaptor was less than 9stg

Converts to about 250 quid with the adaptor cable. States free shipping and no tax but don't know if that includes overseas

Sales Tax

States free shipping and no tax but don't know if that includes overseas

No sales tax is just referring to state tax which varies depending on which U.S. state you are in. You will likely still be charged Customs Duty and VAT when it arrives in the UK and is inspected by HMRC.

I actually got it wrong, they're offering at at $250 plus $30 for the adaptor cable which converts to 214 quid.

Some on here might remember my "leather buying period" a couple of years ago.

As part of that shameful waste of money venture I ordered a pair of leather trousers from a BMW dealer in Texas to match a Jacket I had.... the import duty asked for was preposterous, something like 70 quid ! Immediately destroying my "good deal" and good mood for that day..

Reading the letter from HM Customs there was no debating, no man to call, no numbers to ring to discuss it, no calculation as to how they arrived at that number.. pay it or you don't get the breeks !

Some on here might remember my "leather buying period" a couple of years ago.

As part of that shameful waste of money venture I ordered a pair of leather trousers from a BMW dealer in Texas to match a Jacket I had.... the import duty asked for was preposterous, something like 70 quid ! Immediately destroying my "good deal" and good mood for that day..

Reading the letter from HM Customs there was no debating, no man to call, no numbers to ring to discuss it, no calculation as to how they arrived at that number.. pay it or you don't get the breeks !

I bought some used Ohlins forks from the US and had them sent to a mates place in Houston. He put them in a box with a letter to say that he had found them in the back of his garage and I could have them for free. Sent them as a gift declared on customs and I got exactly the same letter as you. No rhyme or reason as to how they came to the figure. Pay it or lose it.

Just ask to declare it gift at $10
Mate, I'm THAT guy who stands in dog shit and theres a big nail in there to finish me off.... [emoji90][emoji102]

I'll just pay a bit more and get here if buying one..

Last edited:
when importing stuff,it's worth doing a bit of research on the HM customs site for the correct commodity code,theres 1000's of them,but find the correct one and can save you money,as if it's not stated on teh import/duty form they just HM just attatch whatever code the item comes under (be it leather goods,car parts etc) where as each thing has it's own code,i found this out when i bough sone leathers from teh states,i knew the commidity code,and what it equated to (% wise) but was charged a lot more as the supplier didn't put the exact item of clothing down.i emailed them back,showing the invouce for what it was,gave them the commdity code it should ahve been and got a refund (as around 100 quid from memory,ent from 20% to 4% import duty)

yea not going to disagree with regard to something like this.

theres a main dealer in dublin(southern ireland) at least,depending on the exchange rate,might work out cheaper from there if buying new,but tbh for the few quid difference not sure it's worth it

Back