GS-911 Worth It?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carsonr6

Banned
Reaction score
My track bike needs the service light resetting and I’ve been looking at buying a GS-911.

Is it worth paying the £400 outlay for one? How often do you guys use it?

I do all my own work on my bikes but unless something goes wrong, how often or what other function are you likely to use it for apart from resetting the service reminder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My track bike needs the service light resetting and I’ve been looking at buying a GS-911.

Is it worth paying the £400 outlay for one? How often do you guys use it?

I do all my own work on my bikes but unless something goes wrong, how often or what other function are you likely to use it for apart from resetting the service reminder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gas throttle calibration, QS recalibration, ABS pump flush, knock off sensors reset

All this is very useful to have

There was someone on fb the other day saying theyd bought some cheapo Bluetooth plugin unit that does everything the gs-911 does with a phone app, android only obviously.

this is the gizmo off FB. i have no idea about it though. :)

Le4AaHp.jpg

Wonder how that's any better than the others of their kind.
Would be great if someone was brave enough to experiment. (I have the RCK3 so don't need it)

imo opinion,the gs unit is a no brainer.pay 400 quid (sure you can get it cheaper mind?) sell for msybe £100 quid less in 4/5 yrs assuming you only use it on a couple of bikes.
has saved me many times whilst out in spain just by reseting a limp mode situation (usually throttle bodies/twist grip sensor for some reason,on 3 different bikes!!)

better than the RCK for fault finding/resetting i've found,and whole lot cheaper

Just bit the bullet and bought a GS-911 wifi off eBay that's got one VIN registered for 300 quid. At the maximum I'll add another 2 VINs to it and I'll still get a bit of money back when it comes to getting rid.
I've been burned before trying to get Bluetooth readers for the Ducati and it's just a pain in the arse to be honest. At least with the GS-911 I know that they're tried and tested and I'll have peace of mind having it at the track should something happen.

the cheap one is obd fit (for cars) bike has different connector

Just bit the bullet and bought a GS-911 wifi off eBay that's got one VIN registered for 300 quid. At the maximum I'll add another 2 VINs to it and I'll still get a bit of money back when it comes to getting rid.
I've been burned before trying to get Bluetooth readers for the Ducati and it's just a pain in the arse to be honest. At least with the GS-911 I know that they're tried and tested and I'll have peace of mind having it at the track should something happen.

you'll get just about all of it back when you come to sell it

Is the main advantage of the WiFi version the fact that you can use it with your phone rather than having to have a PC/Laptop handy?

it's one of the advantages,but tbh i always just connect via the cable to the bike,plus wifi (red) version is the only 1 you can use on gen3+,gen 1+2 can use the yellow usb version aswell as the red wifi version

I was thinking of buying one with my brake issue recently...when you add in postage and what these customs bastards charge now probably better to buy new here.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I was thinking of buying one with my brake issue recently...when you add in postage and what these customs bastards charge now probably better to buy new here.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ask to declare it as gift.

Postage shouldn't be that big, around 15-20gbp

Back