BMW Connected - Route guidance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich146

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone connected an iphone x to the mapping system. I cant seem to find or start route guidance on the phone and the route guidance on the dash is shaded out. Anyone any success with this.
Thanks

Sounds like your phone is not paired correctly with the bike if the nav section isn’t available. I would check that first. Does the app read read all the data from the bike correctly (last journey etc)?

Same here, key is to approach the phone to the dash. Quite close indeed.
Then store places in the app beforehand otherwise the search becomes cumbersome for what is addresses of people etc. Searches of places or cities etc is okay.
App has to be up and running.

Then it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice appreciate it. Ive fitted a full Akro system and the bike needs re mapping/fuelling any suggestions where/who?

I just took delivery of my new bike cant even get it to pair to my iphone, tried another phone without joy!

Luckily I’ve never had any problems - paired old iPhone X and now the 11 without issue.

Mapping on the app isn’t the best, but as a free navigational aid it’s great and the speed limit info’s really useful.

One thing to remember is that it won’t pair in the Race Pro modes, it just plays dead - so switch this off before trying.

Sounds complicated, no doubt I'll be here asking questions once I get my bike! Sorry in advance...

Whilst using the navigation, does it continuously use your data on the phone? Or do you download the map before hand and then it gets uploaded to the bike in advance?

Do have any dyno charts I could see, would love to know the difference on the Gen 4, I had my Gen 3 done and it was a significant difference. Cheers

Whilst using the navigation, does it continuously use your data on the phone? Or do you download the map before hand and then it gets uploaded to the bike in advance?

You have to download the relevant map to the app, I guess it’s then using data as you ride. Don’t think there’s any map ‘upload’ to the bike, just route commands etc, think the app’s doing all the work - apart from the rider, engine etc etc!

Do have any dyno charts I could see, would love to know the difference on the Gen 4, I had my Gen 3 done and it was a significant difference. Cheers
Theres some in other threads. Bmwbadboy posted his gen3 vs gen4

- Alex

Latest posts

Back