Best low drag backpack!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaghetti

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m planning a little road trip and am looking for a low drag backpack, well made, waterproof & comfortable!

I have seen the Ogio Mach 5 and im looking at buying that, I haven’t found any other decent options!

Thank you for all the help I’ve received until now.

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Ogio (3 I think). It's a good bag but the hardshell is quite limiting.

The Kriega bags are probably better for a tour despite not looking aero. They distribute load well.

However saying all that, I'd avoid a backpack if possible, use a big tailpack and tank bag to avoid tiring yourself out.

+1 on Kriega backpacks, an R15 or R20 are very comfortable and remarkably good aero wise.

Fully agree with Alex though re. storing the bulk of luggage on the bike

Last edited:
Thank you guys as usual!

Ok, if I were to get back case & tank bag what would you recommend, I didn’t consider the tiring factor and I’m travelling 18 hours, LA - Texas!

Thanks again!

Do you have a pillion seat to rest a bag on?

Get a microfibre towel to go between any bag and the tail.

Tail pack solutions in order of preference.

• Ventura
  • Kriega modular bags on a Hepco and Becker luggage rack
  • Kriega modular bags direct on the bike
  • BMW 35L
  • Givi Ultima T Bag 35L

- Alex

Last edited:
+1 on the Kriega packs I have a 10, 20 L pack and they don’t seem to impact speed or acceleration. I wouldn’t put much or even anything on substantial on my back as it can be tiring on a long journey other than a camel pack for drinking when it gets north of 80F or 27C

You will save your own energy by not loading your back with a pack pack just my 2cts.
Rather a decent tail bag as mentioned above.

No matter what you do...do not use a backpack on long trips. I did and I hated every second of my life.. ended up shipping the backpack back home via UPS.

Furthermore, the Ogio Mach 5 is not waterproof. It comes with a cover that is supposed to make it waterproof, but as soon as you hit 120, it'll be gone :)

Back