Dymag CA5 Carbon wheels installation problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrIoannis

Reaction score
Just received my wheels and was trying to install them. The rear wheel fit but the front wheel does not. The ABS sensor ring and the ABS sensor touch each other. Even with 3 mm spacer so I can move the ABS sensor ring 3mm inside they still touch each other. As far as I can see there is at least 5-6mm space needed so I can bolt the front axle.Rotation of the front wheel is the same as the rear with the valve facing the same way (right). It is not my first wheel installation. I changed tires to my bike at least 20 times.
81845510.jpg

Any suggestions?

I had the same with BST on Gen3. Turned out they sent a front with incorrect spacer (from a different motorcycle).

I put new tyres on the other week. When I put the wheel back on the sensor rubbed the ring. It was my fault as I didn't put the left hand spindle nut that gets clamped in correctly. Was the first time I've done a wheel change on this bike so now know I don't need to loosen the pinch bolts that side in future.

Is there a spacer in the wheel next to the bearings? They could be the wrong way round.

- Alex

Well the rotation cannot be wrong. I install them with the same rotation as the rear. I will recheck it tomorrow for maybe 10th time. There is nothing I did wrong.

Well the rotation cannot be wrong. I install them with the same rotation as the rear. I will recheck it tomorrow for maybe 10th time. There is nothing I did wrong. I did wait to get them for more thank 2 months!

Did you loose pinch bolts on left side?

In the beginning no but when I saw the problem I thought I might have to regulate the distance. By undoing the left pinch bolts it did correct the problem by a mm but the problem must be 5-6mm or even more. I believe they sent the wrong front wheel.

I'd also go with the wrong wheel.

Theres nothing much you can make a mess of... I think it's highly unlikely the left pinch bolts and threaded bush would need adjusted, their factory set for a reason.

Presuming the bearings are supplied installed ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Presuming the bearings are supplied installed ?

What do you mean by that? The wheels are completely assembled even the rear sprocket has been installed.

Do the discs sit central in the calipers?
I did not noticed that yet. I will check tomorrow. I will try to install the front wheel with the spokes and valve facing in the opposite direction of the rear tomorrow.

I meant supplied with the bearings in situ, as in you never had to fit them to the hubs....

I did not have to fit the bearings. They are already assembled....

There is only one(ultimately)relative thing here,that is the position of the discs relative to the calipers.That will immediately tell you where the problem is.The rest is down to the spacers(assuming the l/h fork axle nut insert is fully installed).

Well I have some updates...
I install the wheel with the opposite orientation and it fitted perfect. I even went for a ride and had no problems.

20200112.jpg

20200113.jpg

I talked with the seller (who was very polite and helpful) and after many pics, measurements and emails the wheel has been sent back to Dymag to be checked. The verdict is that the wheel is perfect. Dymag even installed them and sent me pics. I do not have any more ideas. There is a collar on the left fork that you can adjust it by 1-2mm and I did, but even then the wheel could not be fitted with the correct orientation.

i'm guessing theres an issue with your collar on the left fork leg,either fitted incorrectly,adjusted in correctly or something wrong with it

Back