Washing Your RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
I`ve always pressure washed my bikes with no issues, obviously with a bit of common sense. Looking around the RR I`ve noticed a lot of electrical stuff on show and if you look through the air intake you can can actually see the filter. Any of you guys had any issues whilst pressure washing a RR?

never really,only taks 1 bad shot with the jet to damage your rad,more prone to water ingress into the plugs etc.if you do use it,just keep it as a fine spray for rinsing,not "washing" as such

After pressure washing, you can always clean more off by hand so never bothered. Besides, doing it by hand you find any problems like loose screws etc

Only ever hand washed, too many nooks and crannies for water to get pushed into by a jet washer.

Snow Foam via pressure washer
Rinse at a distance with exhaust and intake bunged up.

Both avoid high pressure directly anywhere.

- Alex

I have to agree with alex on this one.... I snow foam. Rinse with a watering can lol chamois dry... buff and polish and admire

Tempted to look into this ceramic coating malarkey....

I have had a car ceramic coated. Its like a really long lasting wax so the bodywork stays looking cleaner longer and dirt comes off really easy. I wouldn’t bother doing it on a bike, venture shield is a better option.

i use a Hydrophobic UV proof coating on all my black plastics. keeps them black and water repellent all the time. They nexer look dull and gives a wipped with wd40 type look all the time.
C.QUARTZ DLUX semi permanant coat. :)

I had to replace a rear wheel bearing just before the forum NC500 trip...I suspected then and still do that it was due to using my pressure washer and the built in detergent dispenser....gut feeling !.

I never inspected the old bearing as the dealer installed it, and never had to replace a wheel bearing on a bike till that point... Ball bearings are pretty robust...

I keep the spray away from switchgear, cockpit and hubs...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I use Bilt Hamber snow foam and shampoo and I use common sense with the pressure washer. I will cover the exhaust and intake with rags when washing. Cheers guys.

Back