Dyno comparison Gen4 vs Gen3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My one was done by Dave.
It's been back to the dealers twice since having the system on and nothings been mentioned.
They are fully aware aware it's solely a track bike.

Apologoes for being a pain was this done by Dave woods and will this void the warranty?
Cheers
Nick

It was Dynoed at HM racing with OEM ECU. I have it mapped now by RS2E but I havent done Dyno nor probably will. HM racing said fueling is already good, I doubt you will win much there.

Just had mine dyno'd before I have an RS2E map.I can't believe the fuelling is so good with no fuelling mods(full system and stubby can for Spain).

Attachments

• Barry S1000RR 2019 Bike Dyno.JPG
    Barry S1000RR 2019 Bike Dyno.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 85
Great result! How much rwhp do you expect after RS2E map installing?

Bas & BBB, which mapping are you going for? Power or Race mapping?

What was the turnaround time including shipping both ways?

Its a shipment to near-Munich and back. You can obviously buy overnight service there and back.
If you agree with them on the day upfront, should be 3 days the fastest.

I'm waiting for race mapping.

Regarding the dyno map,when I spoke to John(trackelectronics)about organising a dyno run,his first words were "205bhp with excellent fuelling"!!

It would appear bmw's closed loop fuelling is,as near as dammit,spot-on and tuners are almost wasting their time trying to improve it.
In reality,gains can only be made by optimising ignition timing,cam timing etc. but ultimately-is any more necessary?
I am going for the race mapping predominately for the shorter throttle mods and,hopefully,for any improvements from the dtc etc.
Having had an impressive Brentune custom setup back in 2012,I am hoping for similar results for the RS2E.

I will have the bike back on the dyno once the new map is installed,mainly to make sure I haven't lost anything!
If I remember(it's age)I'll ask John to overlay my 2012 Brentune dyno chart with this one.
He could even do one with Gen1,HP4 and Gen3.

Updated map from yesterday
Now 215.2 Bhp and 92.3 torque.

IMG-20200223-WA0002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back