Dyno comparison Gen4 vs Gen3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Bold Red / Red - Gen4 + Full Akra + OEM ECU

Bold Blue / Blue - Gen3 + Full Akra + RS2E mapped ECU

Gen4 makes 198bhp vs 189bhp, also torque in 6-8k rpm range is higher by 20.

Surprisingly fueling is pretty good in OEM map, looks like it's adapting itself very good (lambda sensors are in-use)

IMG_20200109_235435.jpg

interesting, my gen 1 with full akra and map is 198 too

The Gen1 was a screamer. Made great peak power. But BMW have been adding torque consistently since then.

Yeah ShiftCam makes a noticeable difference. You can see that linear power build up which led to people thinking it wasn't doing anything at low revs.

I know it’s all pretty irrelevant given the differences between dynos but my Gen 4 made 199hp completely standard when I had it on the dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep there is plenty hardly ever use it all on the road (or track)

I guess you were on a well sorted Gen 3, any idea what the Gen 4 had had done?

Well...

Gen4 was with Full Akra, and it turns out it has very good fueling out of the box (bottom graph).

But in reality it was likely me being too late on gas as I was still learning the track.

To be fair, thanks to short gearing I was ahead first few seconds

Look at all that lovely mid range torque! There's a huge amount of extra push where it can be used. It will make the bike so much more relaxing to ride.

[QUOTE Here's mine but showing before system and after.
I got fed up of looking at one then the other.
Nice to see similar results on different dyno's.
I'm going back mid Feb where I think he want's to do something on the throttle side of things.

Dyno-run-01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

View attachment 4880[/QUOTE]

Tried a couple of times can't get both images in same window.

Apologoes for being a pain was this done by Dave woods and will this void the warranty?
Cheers
Nick

Back