Best Tail Tidy and Why? (GEN 4)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaghetti

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Need you’re suggestions for sexiest most practical tail tidy. Please can you give me suggestions and the reason why! I don’t know the market and have only come across the New Rage Cycles one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one for evotech from me. Seen 650ib install on the new rage and have to say imho it looks cheap and very plasticky. Wouldn’t want to grace that on a nice 20k bike....

I’ve had both Evotech (Gen 2) and R&G (Gen 3), now have another R&G on the 4 - they’re both sound in my experience.

Wouldn’t call either of them sexy but a definite improvement on that hanging / extended pile of stock plastic.

Evotech, as the quality is excellent.

Like with Stuart, my R&G tail tidy rusted horrendously.

Last edited:
im thinking about one of these, anyone else seen them. i would normally go evotech but with the brake light in the indicators i though this was a neat idea

https://youtu.be/UHFcOoXKDJM

I think that will be a straight MOT fail after the new regs last year. Indicators need to be spaced a minimum distance (I think its 11cm?) apart.

Last edited:
I had to hunt for this, I remember reading a few years ago and thought it scary that some punters would consider removing a complete side (on a twin caliper set up)... “It has been known for people to, for instance, remove a disc and caliper from a twin-front-disc bike in order to avoid failing on a seized piston. An MoT tester can now use their knowledge in order to identify when parts are missing, rather than simply not being able to test what’s not there.

Lol...never occurred to me that this was even possible..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alex u should be a car sales man.... always thinking outside the box and over comes every objection lol

Anyone had any experience with Rizoma tail tidy?

Thanks!

I’d say Evotech even if I don’t run it. Well built small enough.

I don’t use it because in my country it is not angled in the right way so basically it is not legal. It tilts more than 30 degrees from a side view and from a vertical line. It is too much so would draw attention from cops in my country and areas where I ride.

In UK is no issue and for the size of plates you guys have the smaller the better.

i all ways run oe plate as its not worth the hassle, im not sure the police will be up on the indicator spacing thing so might give it a go.
I'd say it's the other way round, an 8x6 plate is perfect on my tail tidy never had a ticket for my plate...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My plate is 7” 3” I haven’t had any issues as of yet or on previous bikes.

Back