Fng

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRail

Reaction score
Per the title, new guy here. Another one of your unwashed Australian brethren. Have been punting around on S1000RRs for a few years, having been smitten by the wonky-eyed teutonic bastards after thrashing them around various racetracks here. Currently own a 15' model from new with quite a few extra bits applied. Currently watching the somewhat mistimed release of the Gen 4 with part horror, part relief that I didn't buy in as a beta tester...even though I secretly really want to.

Have stalked this forum a few times and it genuinely seems to be one of those forums where people behave decently (within reason), unlike...some other forums. Looking forward to picking up more knowledge as I go.

Cheers

Welcome, I hope you're unaffected by the fires? Awful to watch.

What have you modded on the Gen3?

- Alex

Unaffected so far, thankfully, although I live in a high bushfire danger area. It's a bad day at the office this year.

The 15' carries a full arrow ti race evo system, plus race air filter and has been dyno-tuned, has the DT secondary fuel module but not the PCV - which wasn't available (didn't work) at the time I was getting it modded. That stated, it made 190.5hp at the rear wheel on a middle-of-the-road dyno at the last run, for whatever that's worth. Rizoma rear-sets, fender eliminator, reservoirs and fuel cap. HP levers. Ilmberger belly pan, combo rear hugger and chain guard and tank cover, saddlemen seat (also have a sergeant for longer rides), LiPo battery, bunch of trackslider protection, zero-grav higher screen and a 2D front fork sensor. Alpha quick oil change kit and some of their shift assist kit (bracket and spring). Am about to change out the DDC fork and shock spring, clutch from OEM to Alpha slipper and a Brembo corsacorta front MC is going in as well. It's a great bike. Thinking about getting an ECU tune done, since I expect BMW won't have that many more SW updates for this model soon enough.

Usual story - expensive hobby...

Usual story - expensive hobby...

Better than buying a washing machine on a credit tho. Welcome, you have a nice bike!

If youre thinking to get ECU done, the one-stop shop is R2SE.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. R2SE is definitely the place. Emailed them a few days ago. Hopefully they’ll reply after they get back from their holiday..

Back