Brake Pad Recommendations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M12NTE

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

I know this has been done to death, so apologies for asking again. I've read a load of threads and still can't make a decision.

I'm currently using PFC pads on standard discs (cast rims), which work nicely, although seem quite aggressive on the discs.

I've previously used Goldfrens but got loads of pad drag from them on track, so they were changed for the PFC.

I've picked up some OZ Piega forged wheels with Brembo HPK Supersport discs to use this season.

I ride fast road, and did 4 trackdays at Snetterton last season, so will do 4 or 5 again this year.

EBC GPFAX seem to be mentioned a few times, as do SBS - What are you guys running doing the same sort of riding?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi all

I know this has been done to death, so apologies for asking again. I've read a load of threads and still can't make a decision.

I'm currently using PFC pads on standard discs (cast rims), which work nicely, although seem quite aggressive on the discs.

I've previously used Goldfrens but got loads of pad drag from them on track, so they were changed for the PFC.

I've picked up some OZ Piega forged wheels with Brembo HPK Supersport discs to use this season.

I ride fast road, and did 4 trackdays at Snetterton last season, so will do 4 or 5 again this year.

EBC GPFAX seem to be mentioned a few times, as do SBS - What are you guys running doing the same sort of riding?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

All I can say about the SBS Race Sinter's is that they gave less feel / less power than OE and went to the backing in less than 3 track days - won't be using them again.

I'd massively recommend shelling out for Brembo Z04 if you have the HPK discs because the performance is phenomenal (Road Race Performance Shropshire do good deals, mention me). If you dont want to spend so much then the best similar alternatives are the TRW / Lucas Endurance compounds. They are all expensive but last about three times as long as the normal race pads.

SBS/Bendix (same) stop well but as above they like to delaminate and fall apart, especially when warn low, which can be very expensive if you trash your discs.

I've been using SBS DS-2 for quite some time, haven't noticed any issues with delamination when they are near end of life.

If you only do the odd track day then I wouldn't bother with anything fancy and expensive. I've had been using the gpfax for several years. But have recently swapped to SBS DC. I can't tell any difference now I've used them a couple of times. I switched to SBS as the ebc's disintegrated a couple of times, though they were pretty worn down.

On road with the odd trackday I think the Brembo SC's are just fine - you're not looking for Race brakes.

It'll be fast road riding and 4 to 5 track days at Snetterton this season. I'll probably do somewhere between 4000-5000 miles in total.

Not looking for an out and out track focused setup, but pads that will give me the best of both worlds, or the nearest compromise I guess.

It'll be fast road riding and 4 to 5 track days at Snetterton this season. I'll probably do somewhere between 4000-5000 miles in total.

Not looking for an out and out track focused setup, but pads that will give me the best of both worlds, or the nearest compromise I guess.

OE will work well for what you want.

Just bought some SBS dual carbon for the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the track it is excellent until you reach half of their life, then they have a bit of wood feeling. I use Vesrah SRJL XX. VERY good track pads.

Back