Caliper Overhaul.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers all, got me thinking !...

Rob might take a nip round to yours and get a look over that MC see how it feels if your OK with that, you can let me know mate.

Bikes due in to dealers next week to get that multiplug grafted into the loom, just noticed "service due " popped up on my dash yesterday, might get dealer to bleed.

Always liked the idea of a GS911 but resisted buying one as so far I've never needed...

I'm back at work mate, but you're welcome to pop round and have a look at the MC and see what you think. It won't be a problem to let you into the garage.

Wouldn't mind mate but don't want to hassle your Mrs... would have been an ideal opportunity.

I'll get the bike into the dealer and take it from there...[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't mind mate but don't want to hassle your Mrs... would have been an ideal opportunity.

I'll get the bike into the dealer and take it from there...[emoji106]

No worries. If you change your mind, let me know

Cheers all, got me thinking !...

Bikes due in to dealers next week to get that multiplug grafted into the loom, just noticed "service due " popped up on my dash yesterday, might get dealer to bleed.

Always liked the idea of a GS911 but resisted buying one as so far I've never needed...

Hi Stuart, worth *reminding* the dealer you want the ABS pump bled using their computer. Have *heard* some dealers may just do the quick manual bleed

Alex I asked about that MC on here a while back to be told it might not improve the braking but was certainly better for adjustment/span etc..which did surprise me. I've never tried one so I wouldn't know

Confused.com

I said replace if it failing. BMW techs said it was moving too far due to a fault with a seal on mine. I'm just explaining it can happen. BMW said use a brembo lol

- Alex

Comes with a sachet Jamie.....and as far as as reactive go... re-looking at some reviews and despite them assuring me they had in stock (they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't in stock ..verbatim...) found out the next day they never had it in stock after all... grrrr..

Not impressed with Reactive Parts at all. I ordered the 2D potentiometer bracket kit before Christmas and I've still not received it yet. All I've heard is that they're expecting it from Germany soon. If I'd known that, I could've went direct to Alpha for it.

Not impressed with Reactive Parts at all. I ordered the 2D potentiometer bracket kit before Christmas and I've still not received it yet. All I've heard is that they're expecting it from Germany soon. If I'd known that, I could've went direct to Alpha for it.
Is it for gen4?

Knowing how difficult it was proving to find a service kit for my M4 calipers I emailed Reactive Parts ( T/A Powerhouse) to ask if their ebay listing was OE as it wasn't stated, and asked on a further email if they had them in stock (see pic)... encouraged and deciding at that point to throw in pistons at the same time I belled them on 3rd January asking if they had a FULL service set (pistons and rubbers) to be told they had neither in stock but they might get a delivery in a few weeks !..

"waiting on deliveries" never works for me as I expect INSTANT results in my world, I remembed one of Alex's posts about KFM, they had the full set listed so pulled the trigger and got them sent from Germany within the week....

That said, a guy from Reactive called me on the 11th Jan to say they had the seals in stock now if I wanted them...[emoji849]...

6e85bcf95fc69b285d43be8cfe29e39d.jpg

Last edited:
Knowing how difficult it was proving to find a service kit for my M4 calipers I emailed Reactive Parts ( T/A Powerhouse) to ask if their ebay listing was OE as it wasn't stated, and asked on a further email if they had them in stock (see pic)... encouraged and deciding at that point to throw in pistons at the same time I belled them on 3rd January asking if they had a FULL service set (pistons and rubbers) to be told they had neither in stock but they might get a delivery in a few weeks !..

"waiting on deliveries" never works for me as I expect INSTANT results in my world, I remembed one of Alex's posts about KFM, they had the full set listed so pulled the trigger and got them sent from Germany within the week....

That said, a guy from Reactive called me on the 11th Jan to say they had the seals in stock now if I wanted them...[emoji849]...

6e85bcf95fc69b285d43be8cfe29e39d.jpg

I'm just about to pull the pin on these. Do they not have them in stock?

Back