Caliper Overhaul.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Last edited:
Caliper Pistons and Seals

You can also buy a caliper rebuild kit (pistons and seals) directly from BMW. The kit available from alpha Racing is the same.

Cheers for the replies....

Brake Master comes recommended, looks like that seal kit is OE..

So that Alpha kit is just OE rebranded, did I pick that up right ?

I'll remove the pistons see how they look, might just do seals, pads and decent fluid.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool... I'll price up from BMW direct see what the deal is there... no doubt they will have to order the parts....if that repair plugs anything to go by ! [emoji33]

They look ace... I've just bought a new watch a couple of days ago which swallowed up my loose change..typical.

That gasket kit is defo OE Brembo, geezer replied to my email... I'll pop out the pistons and see how they look..

Need to let us know how those pistons perform.. 23g per piston... just checked on translate..

Last edited:
When it is time to service the calipers I will install them. Beside weight there is also heat advantages of the titanium and they cool way faster than aluminum. It is a nice upgrade for the M4 calipers.

One thing to check when taking the old seals out is note their orientation. Some seals are wedge shaped so need to be put in the correct way round. I’ve never done the OE callipers so can’t advise if they are square or wedge seals. Looking at the new ones wil also help if the originals are in state. Probably square being a recent Brembo. J

So neither company had any stock !... 2 weeks for seals and infinity for the seals including the pistons ! why advertise them...?

I’d use the Brembo Caliper lube. Inexpensive and a lot less messy and sticky than red rubber grease. 3 packs available off eBay for £12.
https://www.reactiveparts.com/brembo-silicon-grease.htmlhttps://www.reactiveparts.com/brembo-silicon-grease.html

Comes with a sachet Jamie.....and as far as as reactive go... re-looking at some reviews and despite them assuring me they had in stock (they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't in stock ..verbatim...) found out the next day they never had it in stock after all... grrrr..

These are excellent!
b424f715b3ad15f716cffbb77244168d.jpg
b381e22669c2ab0356cc38c8b629b290.jpg
77e9ccae08abfd6ac9545ca9d77aed0a.jpg

Talk about a tool for a job !.... also bought a wee set of picks from Halfords for the seal removal, new pads, pistons, seal set and decent fluid all on the way...

Back