Trouble fitting brake lever

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Bought some TWM levers. Got the clutch lever fitted but the brake lever seems wrong. UK race support not answering phone at mo.
Problem seems the standard push rod is too long making it impossible to get the pivot bolt in. Other levers I've had have other levers come with a new rod but not one with these, or any instructions. The standard rod is about 5mm too long. I'm reluctant to cut it, don't want to f@ck it up.

Bought some TWM levers. Got the clutch lever fitted but the brake lever seems wrong. UK race support not answering phone at mo.
Problem seems the standard push rod is too long making it impossible to get the pivot bolt in. Other levers I've had have other levers come with a new rod but not one with these, or any instructions. The standard rod is about 5mm too long. I'm reluctant to cut it, don't want to f@ck it up.

If I remember rightly, the pushrod should slide into a recess? Had this before when the pin was too thick to go in making it too long

Yeah there is a recess that the push rod goes into nicely.
It just too long meaning even if I could get the pivot pin in the brakes would be applied.

Back