best/cheapest place for gen 4 HP rearsets?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you buying them?

There are so many better options out there

Bonamici / Alpharacing

M/HP Rearsets

If they are anything like the previous Gen 3 HP rearsets, which you can’t buy individual replacements parts for from BMW, I would avoid them entirely. I made that mistake with my previous S1000RR and certainly wouldn’t ever buy them again nor recommend them.

Re: M/HP Rearsets

My dealer wouldn’t go below £675 for M’s so I binned that idea a got a set of Gilles from Calsport and I’m glad I did cos they’re lovely.

If they are anything like the previous Gen 3 HP rearsets, which you can’t buy individual replacements parts for from BMW, I would avoid them entirely. I made that mistake with my previous S1000RR and certainly wouldn’t ever buy them again nor recommend them.

road bike only so hopefully wont need many spares. ive liked the adjustment on the hp's on my 15 and 17 plate

i do like lightech's but cannot find a picture of the 19 plate ones. i will take a look at the gilles. :)

there for a road bike so need brake light and want flip up pegs too.

My Gen 3 M rearset pegs were fixed - I don’t think you can get flip items for them, maybe wrong though!

Gilles do flip up but I think you’d have to pay extra as the standard sets are fixed.

My Gen 3 M rearset pegs were fixed - I don’t think you can get flip items for them, maybe wrong though!

Gilles do flip up but I think you’d have to pay extra as the standard sets are fixed.

Yes you can get flip up pegs for the Gilles at extra. They will also take the standard can if you want.

i fit lightech on my gen 3 HP's. :)

just looked at trhe gilles and they do look nice but would need to pay for the flip up pegs. :)

Might be worth a call to Calsport to see what deal they’d do for the set with flip ups.

Initially I was fixed on getting the M’s as I’d had them on Gen 3 and loved them, the cost put me off a bit and I then came to dislike the blue anodising on Gen 4 ones - probably cos I’d spat my dummy over the additional £300!!

Might be worth a call to Calsport to see what deal they’d do for the set with flip ups.

Initially I was fixed on getting the M’s as I’d had them on Gen 3 and loved them, the cost put me off a bit and I then came to dislike the blue anodising on Gen 4 ones - probably cos I’d spat my dummy over the additional £300!!

lol, exactly my thinking about price and colour. :)

I've got the HP ones on my current ('16) RR and like them a lot due being long of leg. The Gillies ones don't look like they'll offer as much adjustability for leg room on the road as I'd like. Are there any lanky ones out there that can recommend some rearsets (I've got the M ones on order at the moment, but the bike's not due until Feb)?

I've got the HP ones on my current ('16) RR and like them a lot due being long of leg. The Gillies ones don't look like they'll offer as much adjustability for leg room on the road as I'd like. Are there any lanky ones out there that can recommend some rearsets (I've got the M ones on order at the moment, but the bike's not due until Feb)?

Yes Gilles are no good for you as the lowest position is the same as Gen 4 standard pegs. Not sure what options you’ve got outside of the M ones.

im fairly short and have ordered the gilles and fold up pegs. looked at a few reviews on youtube and they look quite good and look like they blend into the bike quite well as well. :)

Anything else than OEM M rear sets need an homologation from the authorities here. So that is why I get them. Also because they are one of the best out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

988e5305-291c-4573-8f38-6c683a18b755

you’ll see mine fitted.

Back