Preferred RR Tyre Choice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
I know tyres are a personal choice and depend on what you are using the bike for, I’m just wondering does the RR ‘12 prefer a certain brand? I’ve always went for Pirelli tyres for my style of riding which is fast road and track. I’ve used Supercorsas which were great for warm dry conditions and recently tried Corsa 3 which were good but you could feel less grip on track. I ride from March to October and do as many long day trips as I can and do Knockhill as often as I can. Living in Scotland limits you to dry days but has many fast flowing roads to make up for it!

Really impressed with the Metzeler K3s that came fitted to mines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the bike is quite stable and passive OOTB it usually benefits to use tyres that have quick steering profiles.

Personally I would try the Rosso Corsa II's next. Should be a good blend of side grip and road mileage.

Agree with what has already been said. Metzeller K3 are a really good option since they have most of the performance of the Supercorsa but are a lot better in the rain and cold as well which the Supercorsa definitley are not. The M7RR are a very good alternative to the Rosso Corsa if you need something that lasts or the conditions are worse and I prefer them.

Last edited:
Yawn !... I was hoping for a funky new tread pattern with fancy sipes.. same old shit lol... they should have got Homer involved...

https://images.app.goo.gl/ooUqhG64eaRVCqgr9

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

have to agree, the 7rr was more than just a touring tyre and deserved a better look, shame the 9 is the same. hopefully will be as good a tyre though.

Corsa 2 for me - seem to last better than corsa 1 (about 4000 instead of 3000 on the back) Grip seems similar though not had the 2 on track (yet) found the original corsa pretty good on track if you are going to ride there and back (30psi)

I prefer the Bridgestone s21 to the current Michelin pilot power. There amazing in hot hot temps but find them poor in cold or damp where the s21 were.......fine

I've never strayed from the Bridgestones. S20 and now S21. Great life from them. I ride fast road and track. The last rear lasted 4000 miles and 3 track days.

Depends what sort of riding you're doing? I've run Metz Racetec RRs (K3), the M7RR for all-round use and am about to put a set of Dunlop Q4s on mine - because I can. Both brands are properly sorted. Not a fan of the Pirellis, as I don't like the softer carcasses. I hear good things about the Bridgestones, S22 and RS10 if you want to push on a bit in good weather.

Lots of choices. If you stick with the big names, you'd be working hard to find a shit tyre these days.

I’ve run S20 S21 and S22 all good tyres for the road and my pace on track.
But by far the best tyre I’ve had to date for wet slippery UK roads is the M7RR. Quick to warm, good in the wet and lots of feedback almost straight away in these conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back