2012 s1000rr newbie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOCKE

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just stuck a deposit down on a Motorsports coloured RR. Only 3500 miles from new. The bike has been sitting for a few years so I will be giving it a full service and then it will go to dealer to check for recalls etc. Totally standard but that will change! Coming from a 09 R1 I’m looking forward to the RR hype. I’m from Glasgow so do a few Knockhill trackdays every year. Be prepared for plenty of questions!

Colin

Welcome to the forum Colin and congratulations on your new RR!

What were your favourite experiences onboard your R1?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]

Welcome to the forum Colin and congratulations on your new RR!

What were your favourite experiences onboard your R1?

Enjoy the forum [emoji41]
Cheers mate.

My favourite road is up through Glen Coe to Fort William, a few months ago I done Glasgow to Portree on the Isle of Skye and back home all in the one day. Going up through the Glen the R1 was great, I was on form (for a change!) and there was not much that got in my way 🤫. The sound of the R1 with the twin Akrapovic’s is hard to beat. Not the easiest bike to ride but rewarding when you got the hang of it. Looking forward to the same trip on the RR!

Hows it going mate, lots of Scots on here.. I'm a Wegie but live in Dumbarton.. Me and my mate done the Skye run in one day in April.. we got the Mallaig ferry over, it ended up a 14 hour day...amazing.. welcome aboard, you should sign up as a premier member...lots of benefits.

Cheers

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back