Telemetry reader

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbadboy

Reaction score
Are there any products apart from M calibration kit for 5k that can read telemetry on Gen4?

AIM told me they have nothing at NEC.

There is supposed to be a combined GPS lap timer and data acquisition device from BMW, I heard that it’s not available until the middle of next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Gen 4 with the BMW GPS will have telemetry. I did not know that you have to buy the hole M package to activate/read the telemetry. It is a bit more expensive than previews gens bikes:nevreness:. Maybe AIM will do something about it...It is going to be a popular bike so its going to happen.

There's a datalogger coming.

Unlike the 2 box system I have on the Gen3 to do datalogging and automatic dashboard laptiming separately, I am assuming this is 'all in one'

- Alex

Datalogger

You can either purchase the M RCK or wait until later next year for the M Datalogger to be released. Apparently, the new M version combines the previous 2D GPS Laptrigger and HP Datalogger into one single unit. Price and release date are TBC.

i suspect Aim will have an ECU connection once they have worked out the protocols so will ba able to use the solo2 DL,evo5 logger etc

Robert from RS2E says that old BMW HP datalogger (77538526204) is compatible with Gen4 ECU...

He says CAN bus messages are all the same.

I might be able to use my AIM 2 DL then...

yep theres a good chance then,just keep an eye on the RS3 page for an ECU update,might not need 1 but when the cloud lights up (top right) just click on and will tell you what the update is for.might not need to do anything in the ldeal scenario

Thats great to hear and will save a lot of hassle. Does anyone know if the existing Aim Gen 3 harness cable works on the Gen 4?

i assume it will if they are saying the CANbus messages are the same,no real reason they will have changed the connecting plug,might just need an ECU update from Aim,but they are fairly on the ball now with those,it may just work straight off the batt,only 1 way to tell...

Datalogger

Is there the port in the back of the Gen4 for Aim/HP DL/Alarm hookup?

According to the Gen 4 Owner’s Manual there is a connector under the rear seat cowl ready for the M Datalogger.

i've sent a message to Aim to check if everythig is the same or if needs anything changing,be it s/w or terminal stuff.

I have a Starlane Corsaro Pro but really want to just have laptimes it on the standard dash.
Heres whats at the back if it helps.
IMG-20191215-151226.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20191215-151237.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20191215-151216.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The bike is stripped at the moment so if you need any pics of anything give me a shout.

2nd pic,plug sticking out on the right looks like the alarm/diag.plug.(so dos the 1st pcic actually aswell ;) )

looks like an obd plug aswell in last pic,dont think gen3 has 1 of those?,i'm guessing they've changed the round plug for a standard obd?

Thought the last plug/pic was the canbus. That's where the dino guy kept plugging into when it was mapped.
The second pic is mainly the light connectors I strapped out of the way.
Just watched a youtube vid and the plug in the first pic was used for data on a Starlane.

yea OBD (on board diagnostic),but the gen 3's is a round 9 pin,that on yours is the standardised OBD port,but for data reading on the bike (Aim,2d logger etc) the alarm plug is used,not the OBD.just not sure which one,although you've just answered that ;)

Back