Carbon brake ducts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't fit ducts, but I did Alpharacing fender. That supposed to drop caliper temperature by 30%

Chhers. I thought they'd be open ended as an air intake.
How long to take off/fiddly would they be to take off at track ?

I think it's a trick of the angle, they look closed but in reality the front is an open square entry.

Funny I was looking at some yesterday. Aliexpress has the cheapest £60+ (free shipping)

62512-large-fullsixcarbon-brake-caliper-cooler.jpeg
Full Six generic £159

Tyrants Racing Carbon GP Air Ducts Brake Caliper Includes Mounting Bracket Kit  001-950x950.jpg
TYRANTS-RACING-CARBON-GP-AIR-DUCTS-BRAKE-CALIPER-INCLUDES-MOUNTING-BRACKET-KIT-s2-1000x1000.jpg
Malaysian copies of the aliexpress ones but with better brackets for £160 plus shipping, import

Last edited:
I think it's a trick of the angle, they look closed but in reality the front is an open square entry.

Funny I was looking at some yesterday. Aliexpress has the cheapest £60+ (free shipping)

View attachment 4815
Malaysian copies of the aliexpress ones but with better brackets for £160 plus shipping, import

Do you think that pinch bolt would be compromised despite the black collet bit?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Carbon Brake Ducts

I would be curious to see if they make any real difference on track; particularly at some of the hotter European circuits. It would be interesting to use a set of Brembo caliper temperature stickers and complete a session with the ducts fitted, and another without them, to see if there is any drop in temperature.

Do you think that pinch bolt would be compromised despite the black collet bit?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You'd feel it seat when you do the bolt up and it wouldn't reach the correct torque would be my guess if there was a problem

Last edited:
I saw those items appear the last year. In my opinion I do not see how it will help in our level of riding. In the track, using correct track pads we will probably not overheat the rotors. Unless you are doing silly things with braking there is not going to be a problem.
There is also the way they look but that is not my cup of tea. I also have the Alpha carbon fender and IR temperature sensor for the brake rotors but unfortunately I did not use the sensor with the stock fender to compare.
In Misano race we registered brake rotor temperatures of up to 660C but only momentarily and possible only in the surface of the rotor.The medium rotor/disc temperature was 460C per lap. The brakes felt amazing every lap...
Brake set up was Brembo M4,Alpha rotors, Vesrah XX, Castrol SRF, and Brembo 19x18 (XR 01171) front brake master cylinder.

I'm thinking it would help in all areas of cooling. The brakes fluid generates some of its heat from heat transfer from the discs. So if the temperature can be kept back a bit it all helps.

Back