New 2020 CBR1000RR-R Fireblade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
44teeth are on it at the mo. He says its fast and alot better but it only brings it on par with the Beemer without the midrange torque. All power is high up

44teeth are on it at the mo. He says its fast and alot better but it only brings it on par with the Beemer without the midrange torque. All power is high up

Yep, I watched that. All power is at the top end, said there was nothing below 5k rpm, there's no VVT or Shift Cam technology which surprises me. The pegs are too high and he said if you're tall you might struggle. It doesn't have the creature comforts the Beemer has such as heated grips, cruise control, so all in all it makes the Blade a more difficult prospect for road riding and is more track focused. I noticed the TFT is not as good looking as the Beemer's either, it looks a bit too fussy IMHO whereas the BMW one is very easy to read and operate with the controls. Great review, because it makes me feel even better about my choice in going for the new BMW 2020 S1000RR, it ticks all the boxes and does everything (road, track) very well (ignoring the teething issues some bikes are getting).

To be fair to 44teeth they usually do good reviews. And show the bad points.

Eg loving the Beemer and hopping in I believe the zx10 and nearly highsiding it

Being the old man that I am heading to be in April....I like my creature comforts, it doesn't have cruise!....Totally agree with schuey in my choice for the Gen 4....and best of luck to those that wanna get a blade....
Thats all i'm gonna say lol

Quite fancy a go on one when they come out but I don’t think it’s going to be as good as the Gen 4 for some reason

If BMW had faffed around with my order for any longer then I would have almost certainly have bought one.

Fuсk me. 4 gear - 299. This is my next bike after Gen3 getting sold.

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
Qatar seems like a very nice track. Hopefully Mark will organize something there soon

Back