California Superbike School RIP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
The UK arm of CSS has gone bust, which is a shame for the staff, and also perhaps mildly annoying for anyone that signed up to do a course next year...

However, you may be interested to know that everything is up for sale.

https://www.apexauctions.co.uk/en/#!/auctionDetails/3752?page=1

They're still inventorying the stock, so keep checking the link for new things being added in the next few days.

There might be some real bargains to be had - never mind the Duc-only stuff, there's lots of tyres and bike accessories that would be useful to anyone with a bike...

Thanks for the link! Shame they have closed down, the bikes were being auctioned earlier in the year and I just thought it was stock change time not ceasing to trade.

It was always too pricey for my mind. 1-2-1 with a nemo, brogie, spike etc seemed better value.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Never did California, wanted to try them out. I have however done a couple of Ron Haslam courses.

Never did California, wanted to try them out. I have however done a couple of Ron Haslam courses.

Same....wife got me a session for xmas...first time riding since off. Loved the experience mind

I did lvl 4 at Caldwell in the summer and had a chance to meet Peter Hickman who was testing a new chassis on his BMW, but looking at FB it would seem that CSS UK will be taken over by somebody else soon.

I did lvl 4 at Caldwell in the summer and had a chance to meet Peter Hickman who was testing a new chassis on his BMW, but looking at FB it would seem that CSS UK will be taken over by somebody else soon.

Yep

Here is Dylan Code reply from US forum

Dylan Code said:
The company in the United Kingdom that was licensed to deliver the program closed. Why? Bad luck with weather and poor strategy on dates booked with regard to location and frequency. Profit margins with motorcycle schools are so small that a few poor moves and some bad luck can end things.

We were approached by several entities wishing to run the school in the UK and we have chosen the one we feel will do the job the best moving forward in 2020. As soon as all the details are settled there will be an announcement, but a number of dates are already secured for the new year.

So you could say that CSS United Kingdom is "changing hands".

Anyone with outstanding credit in the United Kingdom will be systematically and individually taken care of once they are up and running.

Meanwhile in the United States we are moving ahead full steam with our 2020 calendar of dates secured and our 40th anniversary. In Jan/Feb we have schools in Australia, Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand, and India.

Auction is finishing now.

Didn't win anything but I was not willing to go too far with my bidding

- Alex

Auction is finishing now.

Didn't win anything but I was not willing to go too far with my bidding

- Alex

I also bid on a few things too but didn't win. Given that there is 40% to add to the bid price (20% VAT plus 20% buyer (auction house) premium there weren't many super bargains

Apparently they have reopened with a new manager now. Have dates for 2020 available.

There was a guy at the MCN show in one of their polo shirts. @RickS1K and I spotted him and surmised they'd reformed.

Apparently they have reopened with a new manager now. Have dates for 2020 available.
Can somebody help I have been looking to find details of the date and can’t find anything I have also emailed them and no response.

Back