Fairing Side Pods Dropped Off!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RammyRR

Reaction score
Crap weather’s kept me off my M for a good few weeks, but a sniff around it in the garage tonight has revealed the left hand fairing pod (the black plastic panel inset in to the centre fairing) has disappeared, vanished!

Must’ve fallen off when I was last out.

I’ve seen this issue reported in previous posts but TBH it didn’t really register, clearly now I get it!

Obviously I’m going to have to get my dealer to sort under warranty but I’d be interested to know what stories anyone else may have on this issue, and what anyone may know of BMW’s plans to prevent everyone else suffering the same problem?

Cheers.

We're talking the little fins inset yeah?
Seems safer to take the damn thing off.

Ilmberger make a carbon replacement which shouldn't break as easy.

- Alex

I thought the little black fins were right hand side?? Every bike I've seen bar the silver at NEC has been snapped or broken. Dealer aware and will replace under warranty...

I thought the little black fins were right hand side?? Every bike I've seen bar the silver at NEC has been snapped or broken. Dealer aware and will replace under warranty...

Oh LOL - I’ve just checked some pics and found the left hand panel doesn’t have the bloody thing fitted at all! Apologies for getting confused and misleading people. I’ll go back to sleep now 🤦*♂️

Oh LOL - I’ve just checked some pics and found the left hand panel doesn’t have the bloody thing fitted at all! Apologies for getting confused and misleading people. I’ll go back to sleep now ������*♂️

Hahahah you could of at least rang the dealer :smile-new:

My right hand side has snapped. Trying to get the dealer in Spain to replace it when it’s getting the cooler done in 2 weeks

My right hand side has snapped. Trying to get the dealer in Spain to replace it when it’s getting the cooler done in 2 weeks

My RH side one doesn’t appear to be properly secured either, it rattles around and looks like it’s going to fall off / break off at some point - clearly a problem in the making.

That’s what mines is like but when I looked at it closer, it’s actually cracked and that’s why it rattles

I’m really pleased with my bike and I’m glad I bought it after testing a few others but the build quality is pretty poor. It’s certainly no Ducati or Aprilia in that sense.

What else have you found ? I don't think the build quality is poor, no better no worse than any other I've had really.
The fins is a design fault. Only done 350 miles on mine and they are intact and now in the loft for a few years at least.

My left hand switch geE has come loose, no big deal. I just feel in general that the plastics are not very good quality, some of the brackets are a bit flimsy. I really hate the rough finish on the frame as well but none of it deflects from how good a bike it is overall

Yea baron von grumble noted this in a video after he had one of the first demo bikes he's was scooting about in, RHS fins break super easy

Back