Gen 3 Track Brake Set Up

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what calipers are they for? look ike 2 pad,2 pin calipers

Yes
PFC95
Decent pads.
I have been running them all year before Z04's at Jerez.
I'm scratching my head to think of a difference.
£120 for the front

- Alex
Might be less from Rod Harwin
Might just be less pad life that's shorter

- Alex

Picked up a set of M4 calipers cheap and I had a Brembo RCS master cylinder from my Tuono after selling it. I ordered some SBS dual carbons for the original calipers but looks like I’ll need to order some others for the M4s. Might try the performance friction just to compare them.

I've got full brembo calipers with Z04 and HPK discs now and it's other wordly but the biggest difference I found whilst building the bits up was changing the master cylinder to a Brembo RCS (surprised someone above didn't think it was much difference but I guess its down to other factors as well perhaps discs and pads?). If I was to upgrade on a budget I would recommend good pads and a master cylinder, then discs. There's not much point buying average pads or discs though since they are just a cheaper way to replace the stock ones but not 'better'.

I've got full brembo calipers with Z04 and HPK discs now and it's other wordly but the biggest difference I found whilst building the bits up was changing the master cylinder to a Brembo RCS (surprised someone above didn't think it was much difference but I guess its down to other factors as well perhaps discs and pads?). If I was to upgrade on a budget I would recommend good pads and a master cylinder, then discs. There's not much point buying average pads or discs though since they are just a cheaper way to replace the stock ones but not 'better'.

i had M4 calipers, Z04s pads, HPK discs and a HEL mc on my 899 and the brakes were amazing.

Just looking for pads now for the M4s and I can get GPFAX or PF 95 for about £15 of a difference. What would you choose between them?

Back