X-lite Helmet

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige-K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t normally bother going for any sort of colour coding, but I’m thinking about going for this helmet.

Anyone got any experience of this brand, and what do you reckon?

d6074638c66dec0dbab2be315792ea04.jpg
53387f9ab0d49e0c34441bc09b856524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried my mates one on and I was really impressed, good quality and mega light. It would be on my list if I was in the market for a new lid

I am an absolute Arai Addict since they first came into the country, always have multiple Arai's on the go as Pic shows, but I bought a X-lite Carbon RR and I wouldn't go back, I literally have to force myself to wear the Arai's as I have so many to wear out.

I'd say the X-Lite is better than the Arai in every way. The stand out points are:
1. The X-Lite is far lighter and that just helps your ride in everyway. I feel so much fresher after 300-400 miles in all weathers.
2. If you do trackways the helmet opening is higher and wider which in a crouch means your not cranking your neck up as much as you would with the Arai. Bottoms lower so fine on the road.
3. Lining. Strange colour green but it sure does work. Far less sweating and less irritation on a long day.
4. Visor changing how it should be done, even better than Shoei
5. Ventilation as good as an RX7 but quieter.

They've just been bought out by Shark who themselves make good lids, so I see them going from strength to strength.

@monners uses an X-Lite 803RR AFAIK - hopefully he can comment further.

It was a close run thing between getting one of these and the Shoei X-Spirit 3 last time I was choosing as above they are very light.

Nige the most important thing is that it fits your head properly, have you tried one on? Ideally try on any other helmets you’re considering at the same time so you can appreciate the subtle differences.

Great colours! Ive always been an arai and a shark fan....think I might have to look at options....

Looks like a nice helmet OP.

I’ve just bought a new lid today, an Arai. Feels so comfortable and light compared to my AGV.

Hi, I’ve had an 803r carbon now for 4 years and can’t fault it. Good fit and Quality. I will definitely buy another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to go for the 803 carbon Mastery(for almost a year, waited until the NEC to size one up) to match my 15 sport. But turns out that they changed the colours for UK helmets to the ones in your images. So I've went for a 803 Rs in full carbon/grey. Just waiting on it arriving at the moment. It's felt great, one of the few helmets I've put on that's tight but I don't have to faff about with my ears once it's on. Also the RS version has the rear spolier(Petrucci) and adjustable vison rake too.

Once it's here I'll throw up a review/photos, it's being delivered from Italy which is nice, knowing it should be a fresh one rather than a old stockroom unit

I've been using the X-Lite x-803 for a few years now after being a Shoei man previously and love it. We are supported by them in the team but I would genuinely continue to use them regardless as they are an awesome bit of kit. I'm going to buy either the x-903 you posted or the flip up X-1004 uv myself for touring as soon as I get a chance.

I have almost no complaints at all really except for my head size the shell I ordered is larger than my old helmet so it tends to restrict my angle of vision when I'm at maximum lean and looking through the corner. For that reason I'm going to try the smaller shell size on the next one which is a great option with the X-Lite.

Attachments

• SCREENSHOT 2019-11-03 20.53.16.jpg
    SCREENSHOT 2019-11-03 20.53.16.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back