S1000RR M Sport or S1000RR Sport with Performance Pack

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It's all good mate :D

Have you already got yours or waiting on delivery also?

just waiting but in no hurry at all. im hoping any more/all the problems are found before mines being built. :)

If you want, can later on get the carbon wheels as an option just more expensive than buying them through the M pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want, can later on get the carbon wheels as an option just more expensive than buying them through the M pack.

They don't interest me if I'm honest bud, got plenty of carbon on my car and sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth. Scraped my Carbon Front Splitter many times over speed humps and past caring now, wish I never had it. The Forged wheels are light enough and come with the fatter 200 width tyre on the rear.

Well done on the order. I seriously looked at the red option but wanted to see the hockenheim silver in the flesh....my mates exact words when getting off it at the NEC were 'its a bit f-ing bland'..... Having done some maths and worked out that the red with perf pack wasn't that far off the M sport I decided that the m sport was the one to go with....also with a resale value in mind in the future for when I come to sell it or px it for the Gen 5 (optimistic thinking here haha)

Keep us posted with some updates. Be good to share everyones expected delivery - If the Sport is March April then my order was April/May time....

Mine is first week of Dec 19 as the dealer keeps telling me. Ordered 1.5months ago.

Last edited:
I ordered my M Sport in April and it was due March.
Got a call out of the blue this morning to say it’s coming next week!
Boom! Can’t wait! :)

Heard the non M models have less resell value as they don’t have the best color. ;)

Heard the non M models have less resell value as they don’t have the best color. ;)

Not really, I had quotes on both an M Sport and Sport with Performance Pack, was a difference in the RRP of around £1000 and it's the same difference in residual value at the end. I guess your comment was more tongue in cheek :)

Not really, I had quotes on both an M Sport and Sport with Performance Pack, was a difference in the RRP of around £1000 and it's the same difference in residual value at the end. I guess your comment was more tongue in cheek :)
Agree, carbon wheels and different paint scheme alone do not warrant for holding higher resell value

In theory yes. But as it's the flagship so to speak it will be more desirable Imho. Time will tell but I'm planning keeping this and will probably be my last sports bike.

In theory yes. But as it's the flagship so to speak it will be more desirable Imho. Time will tell but I'm planning keeping this and will probably be my last sports bike.

Unfortunately us owners won’t have any control over the resale value, unless we all decide not to sell of course! Like you I’ll be keeping mine and it may be my last sports bike, and although I’m not overly starry-eyed over much these days I do think the Gen 4 will stand the test of time very well - more so now that we’re in carbon-aware combustion engine decline!

Unfortunately us owners won’t have any control over the resale value, unless we all decide not to sell of course! Like you I’ll be keeping mine and it may be my last sports bike, and although I’m not overly starry-eyed over much these days I do think the Gen 4 will stand the test of time very well - more so now that we’re in carbon-aware combustion engine decline!

I'm in the same boat. By the time I sell my Gen 4 I'll be looking for something a bit different (I think)
It's not such a bad bike to have as a last hurrah compared to some of the bikes I've had over the years.

While I was waiting for my M I got 2 more quotes from different dealers for a a base with pp. One as you say was around a thou cheaper but the other was actually a couple more than the M. Dealers have a interest rate that they can play around with. I got the lowest possible from my dealer on the M in the end.

No I mean if you want the carbon wheels after buying the other one then the cost is way higher. That is what I meant.
Just if you’re fan of carbon and later on you fancy then regardless.
Anyway don’t care really

Latest posts

Back