FE Euro Trackdays insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that not included in the insurance at the circuit? Just not on the 'others'

I may have got this wrong, but my understanding is that it was the other way around (ie not included on circuit insurance). I have been there where they were taking £100 pre-authorisations on the cards of those who were taking out the circuit insurance. I've always had my own insurance and they have never asked for a card pre-authorisation.

I may have got this wrong, but my understanding is that it was the other way around (ie not included on circuit insurance). I have been there where they were taking £100 pre-authorisations on the cards of those who were taking out the circuit insurance. I've always had my own insurance and they have never asked for a card pre-authorisation.

That is no true.
Quote from an email from FE: "please also remember,that as with the policies FE will take,these policies will give you immediate Private Medical,and there is no need to pre-pay for an ambulance".

Last edited:
That is no true.
Quote from an email from FE: "please also remember,that as with the policies FE will take,these policies will give you immediate Private Medical,and there is no need to pre-pay for an ambulance".

Hi Baz, I stand corrected, particularly if you have one of these policies. What I do know is that I stood behind people in at Almeria who were making pre-payment authorisations for the ambulance. If it wasn't for that insurance it must have been for other 'less good' policies. I have never been asked for a pre-payment for the PJ Hayman/Adventures policy.

What I would say is that with all things insurance related, it is a dynamic situation ie. companies can suddenly change their minds on what they will pay for / cover based on the total claims histories and re-assessment of risks/costs. What was once a 'good' policy may not be today. I know that one of the Bemoto policies (purple I think) that once would pay for private care at Almeria now doesn't - Bemoto told me this themselves when I asked.

I do believe what Kevin says that the private hospital gives better care and next time I go I would want to make sure my insurance would pay for that. As in my previous post my policy wording is ambiguous. I need to check this out.

However, I do also know from what Kevin has said that some of the policies that they were *accepting* recently ended up sending riders to the state hospital. I think this is what he wants to avoid in future.

2 years ago,I was told(by PJ Hayman) that no uk policy would cover a private hospital.BeMoto Purple did,presumably because it was arranged through Mapfre.
My last Purple policy came through with a Mapfre reference but was supplied by Alpha Travel(which is part of the TIF Group which includes Holidaysafe etc. which all require the use of the Emergency Assistance team,which appears to be where the problem lies).

It appears the problem is in the policy wording-"Emergency Assistance Team" which appears to always have an 023- phone number!

I’ve now done some more research. The insurance policies that require the ambulance prepayment are all those issued by TIF (travel insurance facilities Ltd) including Holidaysafe, Bemoto etc who, amazing as this may sound, apparently don’t have an agreement with a local ambulance provider.

Anyone requiring an all-Europe multi-trip policy which is acceptable at Almeria should contact Bennetts,preferably by phone(this will also include those who go touring as well).

i had pj hayman for my off in portimao 2 years ago, taken to private hospital (even though policy stated no private)
had my op, total of 4 nights stay, paid for extra taxis, flight, car hire late charge, taxi from Gatwick to Reading. all for £60 (single trip policy)
have to say no limits were also toppa, came to hospital, arranged extra nights at hotel (and paid for), collection of hire car.
im now paying for almerias own track insurance as its straight to the private hospital
mut

Back