Luggage Gen 4 options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed - BTW i'm 56 - God we're all getting old!

I'm not sure anyone can match Marc's 'crash into and out of every turn' style. It does require complete lack of fear, and one big injury may do for that.

So far he's been lucky, and I hope it remains that way, for he does enhance our world greatly.

Anyway, back to luggage (or we'll get moderated out on our arses), I went with the top box and you've gone with the big bag . You have much more capacity than me. Just one question, is it completely waterproof?

Ah!
Top box is completely waterproof.
So I guess we pays our money and takes our choices - more space, or water-tightness, but not both.
Either way, beats the rest of the potential solutions.

The bags are "shower proof" so it's not that bad. I've never used the storm covers on my bags, I put everything in a carrier bag inside.

Anyway, I agree that it's probably as good as you're gonna get on a sports bike. My rack arrived from New Zealand last week. Not fitted it yet.

I saw an advert yesterday showing bmw now do 2 sizes of tank bags for the bike. Very similar shape to the wunderlich gen2/3 bag. But much more expensive of course. Think I might invest in one of the small ones as the wunderlich was really useful for day rides and limited touring.

This one?

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/s-1000-rr-2019-small-tank-bag/
RR19-Small-Tank-Bag.jpg

I noticed too. The small one looks like a great choice. And I like the way it fits. Only thing that disappoints for me is there is no clear pocket for a phone on top.

Still, I'm tempted

I noticed too. The small one looks like a great choice. And I like the way it fits. Only thing that disappoints for me is there is no clear pocket for a phone on top.

Still, I'm tempted

what would you need a clear pocket on top for the phone for? Curious as I can?t think why it would be needed.

Daz

Some people are old skool and still like to write the route journey down perhaps

what would you need a clear pocket on top for the phone for? Curious as I can?t think why it would be needed.

Daz
Any of the things that people have mentioned here. I don't find the dash very good tbh. I often ride with my Garmin Zumo mounted rather than use the dash. Its nice they've added that feature, I've used it in a pinch, but I wouldn't want to use it over the alternatives.

Does anyone have a pic of the underneath of the hector and becker plate please? mine arrive today and im sure something is missing as it doesn't hook into the rear of the seat if that makes sense. Either thet or I'm fitting it wrong

Hang fire on that, sorted it now, it bolts down securely, instructions aren't the most clear, unsure where the tape goes if anyone can show that please. Looks like it will be solid though and well made. Should be though for the money

They certainly look and feel the part. What I didnt realise is the lower part of the kit fits into the lock and then bolts in at the back. Then you fix the top part to this with 3 Allen bolts. It feels rock solid. Loads of places to fit straps to as well so your kit should be secure

Back