Luggage Gen 4 options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ISTR Alex having a similar (but less shit looking) solution of a Hepco & Becker SportRack replacing the pillion seat - aluminium plate with numerous holes and slots to securely attach soft luggage. Luis-moto have one listed for the Gen4 - to order, but I can't find anything on Hepco & Becker's own website. When they eventually materialise I'll probably get one and throw some rok straps on it.

Just ordered one from motobins (H&B Official UK dealer) ?159.36. Still think it looks ugly, and is quite expensive for a sheet of metal with a few holes drilled into it, but should do me for touring. Just hope it arrives in time for my trip to Spain in June...

67065170001.jpg

Just ordered one from motobins (H&B Official UK dealer) ?159.36. Still think it looks ugly, and is quite expensive for a sheet of metal with a few holes drilled into it, but should do me for touring. Just hope it arrives in time for my trip to Spain in June...

67065170001.jpg

How does that fasten on? (Yep - it is ugly!)

I've sworn by the Ventura stuff on all the sports bikes I've had; for larger trips. Combined, my bags will give almost 90l of space.. 2 large top boxes worth. For shorter journeys, then Kriega tail packs (I have US20 and US10). And even shorter than that... bum bag that can carry a spare visor, wallet etc.

None look great, but that's the issue we've got with luggage and sportsbikes!

EDIT: what I will say is that I've had Hepco and Becker stuff before (not for sportsbikes) and found the quality of their stuff to be top notch

EDIT2: there are multiple Ventura racks depending on your bags. I always use this sort: https://bykebitz.co.uk/ventura-l-brackets-bmw-s1000rr-2020.html (cheap price too!) with my Aero bags

Last edited:
I remember Carsonr6 posting that picture early last year as one of the first with a Gen4 - seems like a lifetime ago now.

And I've still not actually been anywhere on mine yet.

Last edited:
I remember Carsonr6 posting that picture early last year as one of the first with a Gen4 - seems like a lifetime ago now.

And I've still not actually been anywhere on mine yet.

Don?t worry mate I haven?t been anywhere on mines much either.

I?ve ridden 3 days on track at Alcarr?s, up to John O Groats and back to Glasgow and 2 days down to Newcastle and round the west coast to get the run in miles done.

It?s nearly a year old now and it?s been sat in dealerships for about 6 of those months although the main part of that is down to me working away and not the bike or dealers fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67065170001.jpg

The Hepco and Becker plates are damn handy for carrying big loads.

NGJ_1132.jpg

It's a Lap Transponder for those wanting to know.

Last edited:
Nice Ste... I?ve got a small tour in Cornwall in august. And thinking of one of these to be used with kreiga. Can you post some pics up when you get it pls??

Will do mate. I think from what I read that I still need to speak with bmw to get a barrel that my key fits, I'll be doing this as well as it will be a pain otherwise.

Still unsure what bags to buy. If any. I've got some oxford stuff from a while back still there so I'll see how that looks when it all arrives

Will do mate. I think from what I read that I still need to speak with bmw to get a barrel that my key fits, I'll be doing this as well as it will be a pain otherwise.

Unless I have completely misunderstood your post, the lock for the pillion seat/cowl on the gen4 is not part of the seat, and doesn't need to be replaced if you replace the pillion seat with a rack

Ventura system works very well and when not being used, the permanent elements are very low profile indeed.

You'll need the 130B kit and reserve an hour to fit everything and check it's all secure. Once done, very secure, high speed touring is yours for the taking.

And when you switch from transit to scratching mode all it takes is 4 very easy to access bolts. It's quicker than any other system I know of, including all those soft options mentioned already. And almost invisible. No straps to rub paint. No risk of wobbles, or exhaust heat melting your Nikes.

Just one heads up - the fitting requires you to use two of the four pillion footrest bolts. If, like me you opted out of pillion provision, you'll need to get a pair of bolts from your friendly dealer - mine threw them in for free at my 600 mile service.

+1 for venture

Sold my HP rims and air duct a couple of years back. On went the Ventura rack and I flew down the M1 and met the buyer at Silverstone,

Used some of the proceeds to watch the MotoGP.... got a bargain price for the seat, only to realise I was in the Rossi stand.... my MM93 did not go down too well [emoji1787]

5478ff866fe881bc0fb93f6b2140edba.jpg

3e41b19927f288cb555368ed5fd9bcda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back