Clip on v's OEM Bars

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know which route to take. I was interested in fitting clipons utilizing the OEM bar replacment clamps, (£55 each) but not sure how much lower it would feel using them.
I rang today and got prices for replacing the standard bars and they are £250 a side so making the clipons more favourable.
And now PP Tuning have released a top yoke 325 euros and a switch bracket 31 Euros if you want to keep the key switch.
I guess having clipons would make the bike more normal so to speak. The standard bars as they are must be high being intergrated into the top yoke, which may well make the bike feel more comfortable to ride on the road.

Thoughts please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Like you I’d prefer lower bars on my M - I take it all the options work lock-to-lock with no fouling of the standard faring, or am I being naive?

I'd hope so. It looks tight and the levers might have to point up a bit to clear the fairings. I'll have to do a bit jiggery pokery to know for sure.

Back